Thread: Yates 1.5" Uniform Rappel Belt

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Yates 1.5" Uniform Rappel Belt

Is anyone using them? The price seems really good, but I am concerned with their stiffness and adjustability, since I can't find the information online. http://www.hermitshut.com/yatesunfrmrplblt.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are going to rappel, I would suggest a rappel harness. If you need a pistol belt, I would suggest getting a belt with a plastic stiffener in it or one that's doubled over with 5 sets of stitches in it.

The only thing this belt will be good at is holding your pants up.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    If you are going to rappel, I would suggest a rappel harness. If you need a pistol belt, I would suggest getting a belt with a plastic stiffener in it or one that's doubled over with 5 sets of stitches in it.

The only thing this belt will be good at is holding your pants up.
    That was my concern. I figured the price was too low for a quality belt. It's going to be a pistol belt, and from the pictures it looked pretty flimsy, but I wanted some assurance. Now it's down to Wilderness or Kary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t42beal13t View Post
    I figured the price was too low for a quality belt.
    I wouldn't say it's a low quality belt but it is more for show and to work with pants with small loops.

Good belts all seem to be $60+ whether it's nylon or leather.

I great low-pro pistol belt is Comp-Tacs belt. It's a leather belt with a plastic stiffener in it.

You get what you pay for.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical