Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The SIG face palm thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Unfortunately, I don't think forum management will allow a "SIG Factory optics" thread due to a blatant bias against Chinese optics on this site. The truth will get out though.

Feedback Score
    Are the marketing folks at SIG out of touch with shooters, or just bored, or are they smoking some really good stuff? And who in Management is signing off on these whacko packages?

And what are *they* smoking?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Im with you just down right awfull stuff. The P220 was my first hand gun brand new in the box from the Marine Corps exchange in Norfolk. I must have 6k through it and no complaints but its just your basic black pistol circa 2001. I learned how to shoot with it at the C2 range in Pungo. I dont see my self buying another sig for a long time if there going to look like that.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
    Are the marketing folks at SIG out of touch with shooters, or just bored, or are they smoking some really good stuff? And who in Management is signing off on these whacko packages?

And what are *they* smoking?
    Remember when Kimber made really good, basic, no frills 1911s that worked (for 1911s)? The Series 1 days?

Well, Kimber brought in this former IDF Army officer (one internet gun forum law is that anything Israeli is teh awesome!) named Ron Cohen into upper management (VP of ****ing Shit Up in Name of Profits, I believe). He gave us the wonderful external extractors which ended up being replaced for new slides with internal extractors at Kimber's expense and was a complete goddamned abortion of an idea. He also gave us stupid shit like the "Grand Raptor II" and "SIS" editions. Basically, take a Kimber Custom II. Add all sorts of stupid, gaudy checkering, scales, feathers, and some like patterned grips. Add $400 to the price.

It looks like Cohen is perfecting his "add stupid gaudy shit to good pistols and outsource the internal parts to Third World countries with cheap labor and low QC" at SIG now. He added "SWAT" models at both companies. SIG also has "SWAT Commando" models now. I'm looking forward to the "SWAT Commando Sniper" edition with a Coutnersniper scope included! I wish Aimpoint would sue SIG for their ChiCom knockoffs of the T1s.

Paste the code in the box below into Google.

Code:
    cohen sig site:m4carbine.net
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 06-21-11 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Speaking of masterpieces...

Feedback Score
    What a horror. My first thought is that this is what you get when girls who love Rainbow Brite and Hello Kitty run gun companies.

Feedback Score
    Apparently my plain old 1993 P229 "it just always works" model is too boring. Can I send it to the Mastershop for some gold inlay diamondplate? Sig, I used to love you but now you break my heart.

Last edited by LorenzoS; 06-21-11 at 16:55.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast