Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: S&W Melonite coated barrel vs Noveske chrome lined barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I had a qpq stainless firing pin from rubber city armory. I also had a no name chromed firing pin. I lay them side by side under toilet tissue soaked in saline solution. The qpq pin was the first to rust. Fwiw.
    qpq stainless is not the best choice for rust resistance... qcp CM is... not sure why they used SS for a firing pin

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    qpq stainless is not the best choice for rust resistance... qcp CM is... not sure why they used SS for a firing pin
    I didn't ask. They pissed me off and I wrote them off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    http://www.superiorbarrels.com/Barre...20test/SBs.htm

Final Report: AR15 1000 Round Full Auto Test

Borescope Inspection Before 1000 Round Full Auto Test
    Was the "untreated" barrel CL?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    This is what I currently run, http://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/11562/14041

What Grant has in stock offered for sale, http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=19018

•Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist,
    16" Govt Profile, Mid-length Gas System, Salt Bath Nitride, MP tested
    This is a DD 16" Upper Receiver Group. It features a pinned on low profile gas block, Mid-length gas system and Govt profile barrel. The barrel is hammer forged, 1/7 twist and has been Salt Bath Nitride Finished!
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    What Grant has in stock offered for sale, http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=19018
    If it wasn't "Gov. profile" (it isnt really as there is no 203 cut) that would be the perfect barrel! I have a DD, chrome lined, 1:7, pencil profile mid gas (standard sight, not free floated). It shoots 9-10ths as good as a BCM SPR (Criterion) hand lapped stainless 18" rifle gas (Troy alpha free float with Geissele low pro).

Im 99% confident if it (DD) was FNC instead of chrome lined it would shoot just as good! Amazing performance for a combination that is basically the best of the best for accuracy versus a combination that is 100% durability (holocaust gun)!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    170,000 rounds costs $77,000

I don't believe the SW test.

I don't care about a bottom feeding AR-15 that sells for $700 that is made for losers, inbreds, and bubbas at sporting goods stores.

A CL hammer forged barrel made from CMV steel will outlasted a cut or button rifled barrel made out of inferior 4140 steel, especially when the throat is burned away regardless of surface treatment.

Melonite or any other treatment cannot stop throat erosion from burning high pressure gun powder.
    This.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Lightbulb

Bullfrog products are known to cause discoloration of Melonite surfaces.
    http://www.ar15performance.com/barrels

Just an FYI...
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What about their claim that melonite barrels are more accurate. Is that common sense?
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    What about their claim that melonite barrels are more accurate. Is that common sense?
    Melonite barrels are generally more accurate than chrome barrels all else being the same.
    The Wylde chamber should be more accurate than a 5.56 Nato chamber.
    A barrel that is stress relieved properly by heat will be more accurate than one that has only been stress relieved a minimum amount.

There are a crap load of barrels in this country that are being produced for large companies for $38 raw, before chrome lining or parkerizing. 7 twist, 6 groove 5.56Nato chambers 4150CMV ...all milspec. Most still sell retail for $200
    Those big companies don't care if they are accurate or not, they are the norm. They are selling every single barrel they can get their hands on accurate or not.
    For someone to buck the system and do a little extra they must care and want to produce products that are better than mil-spec.
    Accuracy sells.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    better than mil-spec.
    BLASPHEMY!!!!

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast