Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT 300 blackout barrel

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I agree and totally understand as a civilian...while you will save some money and have the exact barrel made for the chassis, DBMG turns out a helluva copy all the while doing it on your barrel of choice.

If I wanted to actually hunt or do something that was time sensitive, I certainly wouldn't be depending on LMT's notoriously slow and extensive testing schedule, and would be immediately opting for the DBMG AAC/noveske converted barrel.

I hope for both our sakes that we see this barrel much sooner than later

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Lol, how do you spell hypocrite? M-o-n-o-m-a-n

Feedback Score
    Traded email with Gene this morning on an issue with my MWS but asked about the 300BLK barrels.

He said they would be ready for SHOT and something about having 3k rounds through it and needing 6k rounds through before beginning marketing.

I should have volunteered to fly over to help burn up a few k and get the ball rolling.

ETA: He said 16" with 1x10 is scheduled with shorter barrels to follow... apparently very accurate with Hornady 110 VMAX. Not surprisingly subs are shooting like crap at 100 yards. I'm worried its another poor spec decision... if I wanted a longer barrel slower twist for supers I would personally go with 7.62x40wt. Should have stuck with the 1x8 everyone else went with to handle the range of 110s to 240s. Afraid some suppressors might inadvertently get killed with factory 220 subs.
    Last edited by jasonusvi; 10-17-11 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    WTF...dump some f**king 30rd. pmags and let's start this party.

It must be 6k on numerous test barrels, as just 6k isn't really anything and especially in LMT's case.

Hope your MWS gets to feeling better soon, your the most modular MRP/MWS user I know of

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    WTF...dump some f**king 30rd. pmags and let's start this party.

It must be 6k on numerous test barrels, as just 6k isn't really anything and especially in LMT's case.

Hope your MWS gets to feeling better soon, your the most modular MRP/MWS user I know of
    I'm wondering what they have been focused on because its feeling glacial. To find out that short barrels are behind the 16s and not until Jan blows. Perhaps they were focusing on 308 Gen 2 uppers, bcgs, etc.

Feedback Score
    Well, if it is a 1x10 twist I will go elsewhere. I can't believe everybody else is wrong with a 1x8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 148259 View Post
    Well, if it is a 1x10 twist I will go elsewhere. I can't believe everybody else is wrong with a 1x8.
    Agree. The MRP & MWS are great and they make quality products but I don't get the decision making that keeps LMT stuck at 6.8spc in 1x10 and now starting wrong footed on the 300BLK in 1x10. Both innovative and stuck in the past at the same time. Big errors in my opinion. DBMG is going to be even busier converting Noveskies for MRP.
    Last edited by jasonusvi; 10-17-11 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    I could see 16" in 1X10 and the shorter ones in 1X8 twist....hoping that is what they do since I only want a shorty.
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    If I bought a noveske 16" and later cut it down to 12 and SBRed it. Would it work ok with the carbine lenght gas port or would I have a problem? I notice the shorter ones have a pistol lenght port.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 148259 View Post
    If I bought a noveske 16" and later cut it down to 12 and SBRed it. Would it work ok with the carbine lenght gas port or would I have a problem? I notice the shorter ones have a pistol lenght port.
    It won't work if you cut it down.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast