Thread: Troy front buis

Feedback Score

Troy front buis

Hi everyone, noob here both to the forum and the platform. Had a little problem with my ar front site this am at the range.

First, the particulars. 16 in. m4 profile stag upper with the aforementioned troy sight mounted on the gasblock, no rails on hand guard as of yet. Long and short of it is the post backed out of the Troy and fell out. I found the post and detent plunger but from what I can see it shouldn't have happened? The plunger has a nipple on the end that should index into one of the notches ont the adjustment wheel of the post. So how'd it back out?

Thanks for any input ahead of time.
    Chris

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is the Gas Block a low GB or is it the same height as the Receiver's rails? Did you have the correct height Troy? If you had a Sight made for a Gas Block that was supposed to be level with the Receiver's Rail on a GB that was lower than the Receiver's rail, you had the FS Post unscrewed too high. So, high that the detent wasn't probably catching the Post.

But w/o pics and such...I'm guessing.

Last edited by ucrt; 10-02-10 at 17:45. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    Is the Gas Block a low GB or is it the same height as the Receiver's rails? Did you have the correct height Troy? If you had a Sight made for a Gas Block that was supposed to be level with the Receiver's Rail on a GB that was lower than the Receiver's rail, you had the FS Post unscrewed too high. So, high that the detent wasn't probably catching the Post.

But w/o pics and such...I'm guessing.

You bring up an interesting point. It is a low profile gb but I have a riser on it to bring it up. I don't as of yet have a rear buis and used the front only as a point of reference along with an eotech 517. What I'm trying to say is that I never checked the post height and who knows, maybe it was too high right out of the box? Without a rear sight to provide a point of reference and the halo reticle sitting wherever it darn well wants to I never looked at the post height. It might have been that way right out of the box.

Might be on the right track, thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by barfly; 10-02-10 at 19:03. Reason: clarification