Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Qualification for gear queers

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Medicine View Post
    You know what drives me nuts is when I hear someone make fun of someones inexpensive optic. People spend way too much money on optics just to have them sit in the closet 29 out of 30 days in the month.
    Precisely! That's why I don't spend money on ammo, gear, or weapons! The cheap shit is good enough for me since you'll never need it at an inopportune time......

Feedback Score
    Don't ask, don't tell.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess you and I are different.

when I take it out that one day of the month, I want it to work.
    No you are right, but let me add takes it out 1 day a month and doesn't know how to dial it in or which way to piss in the wind. It is good to have a good reliable optic but IMO would be better* to learn on the lesser and then go more when you have started mastering techniques.
    Last edited by Bad Medicine; 06-29-11 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    that can go both ways. You need something that is at least passable. Note how many people buy a POS DI AR, have issues, then go buy a top-shelf piston AR and decree it the best thing ever and attribute the failures to the DI and not to the POS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    that can go both ways. You need something that is at least passable. Note how many people buy a POS DI AR, have issues, then go buy a top-shelf piston AR and decree it the best thing ever and attribute the failures to the DI and not to the POS.

Damn ok I have been schooled again! You have a good point.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Gear, weapons, optics; you get what you pay for, one way or another.
    I decided to only buy quality gear after buying and breaking several not-made-in-the-USA types. So I spent 3/4 the price on an item that broke, only to have to spend the $$ for the item I should have bought in the first place anyway.

I decided to only buy quality weapons with a predetermined purpose and performance criteria after getting lower quality items that I wanted to do a bunch of silly shit that I knew better than think would work. So I had stuff that didn't do anything well enough to justify,
    and though I saved 25% by going full-retard, I still had to rectify the problem and pay all over again.

I decided to only buy quality optics when the "place-holder" items I intended on learning on/proof of concept, only to decide it worked and had to buy the "real" item anyway, or broke or failed and not be able to resell at 50% of what I paid for it. Now, some are ok for training/toys (such as the Millett DMR or PA dots), but many will simply fail and may give a vastly different impression of capability than "real" optics in whatever genre you are interested in.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would just like to reiterate that Nightforce and Schmidt and Bender are not the only quality optics though they are definitely amazing but they are top dollar. This seems to be the case among noobs though, they buy what they have heard of instead of doing quality research to find what suits them best and they get a quality need fulfilled as well. In a round about way this is what I have been trying to say all along.
    To add to this all things don't help when a gun dealer says "hey this is what all of the SEALs use" which we know is only partially true.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345