Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need weapon light ideas

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Need weapon light ideas

First off let me say it will be on my SBR. Im running a TRX.

Im going with Surefire, does anyone have the E2D Defender? It looks like a really nice light. 200 lumen, not sure if you can run a tape switch though, I dont HAVE to have a tape switch.

Second thought is the Mini-Scout...w/ tape switch, 200 lumen

Im not decided on the mount yet. Larue has good deals on lights w/mounts. I really like the E2D so far and its definatley affordable.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tagged for info as my SBR build is in progress as well, and will get a VTAC tube and I don't want the surefire at 12 o'clock like on my 14.5 middy.

I was looking and the mini scout myself as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    if you are looking for a scout light, you can usaually find really good prices on ebay. i found one on there for a friend and it was shipped to him for under 250. i use a 6P with a KX4 head, in a vtac mount on my DD V5...little different than a SBR, but it works well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can run a switch on any of the e-series lights, but it's not cheap. I have an E1B Backup set up this way, the only problem is that it's a high/low light regardless of end cap.

Unless you already have the e2d, it may be better to go with the scout (if you can get a good deal) as the e2d would need a mount and a switch set up if you wanted those capabilities, but still would have the high/low feature which can nay be fixed with a new lamp head.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 06-24-11 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I could be wrong but I believe the mini-Scout is 110 lumens.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    I recommend a G2X tactical. If you don’t need an off set mount, a 1" scope ring works well.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Jimmy is correct, mini scout LED (m300a) is 110 lumens. I just picked up a mini-scout and I have a IWC mount en-route (See Here) for my VTAC TRX rail. I will post a picture once I receive the mount.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagrave7 View Post
    Jimmy is correct, mini scout LED (m300a) is 110 lumens. I just picked up a mini-scout and I have a IWC mount en-route (See Here) for my VTAC TRX rail. I will post a picture once I receive the mount.
    I would greatly appreciate a picture of that.

I am VERY tempted to sell trade the second X300 I just recently got for a mini scout to go on my SBR......
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe the mini-Scout is 110 lumens.
    Youre absolutely right...and I knew that. Someone was talking and I had the 200 stuck in my head still lol. Thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I like 6P's with Malkoff bulbs. However, the new 6PX would also be fine (I'd personally go with the single high-output as opposed to the variable). FSB mounts or offset mounts work well.

I don't like tape switches in general but if I were to run one I'd go with one of the newer Surefire ones.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast