Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need weapon light ideas

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If youre looking for something similar to the M300A at a little lower cost, you can look at the VTAC mini L4. doesnt come with the pressure swich, or socketed tailcap, but if you use it in a location where those are not necessary, it can be a good cost effective compromise to the M300 scout.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    What's the issue?
    Not sure if recoil could actually disable all of the light's functions, but from my experience with my 6PX Pro as a handheld light only, I can say that only minor shocks to the light while it is in low-output mode (15 lumens) will make it switch to high-output mode (200 lumens). Even if you're only putting it in your mouth, hitting your teeth often changes the output modes. Not sure if this is the only reason why Surefire recommends expressly against the use of "Pro" models on weapons or if there may be other issues to encounter. IMO not worth finding out if there may be other issues because I have no use for a dual-output weaponlight and a time-tested 6PLED is far cheaper anyways.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The G2X and 6PX, tactical or PRO models, are not recommended for weapon light use, it says so right on the packaging. I don't know why people insist on using them and going against SureFire's recommendation. They do not have springs on both ends of the batteries, therefore do not provide shock resistance to batteries moving under recoil. They were intended to be used as handheld lights only.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The SF SR07 took longer then expected to receive. Definitely like this low profile IWC mount, thanks Earl.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Seagrave7;1045547]The SF SR07 took longer then expected to receive. Definitely like this low profile IWC mount, thanks Earl.

QUOTE]

I like that mount. Thats what I want
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123