Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Viper PST vs. Nightforce for my purposes?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I largely agree with shootist when talking 223; I see 100 yards and in as short range, 200-300+ as mid with long 400 to 600, with anything above that really stretching limits of 'normal' 223 ammo.

Whether you need a 2.5-10 or 1-4....really depends on the proportion of shooting (and target size) and type of shooting you intend to do at what range. If you see yourself spending the vast majority of time closer in and shooting fast, the 1-4 makes more sense. If you see yourself mainly at 200 yards and up (and also closer if speed is not a factor), the 2.5-10 would be a better choice.

Totally agree on the quality of glass aspect as well as outright magnification.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    IMHO a scope for a rifle is a long term investment. Saving up for something worthy of the rifle I plan to put it on is worth it. My LMT MWS .308 is getting the NF 2.5-10x when I get around to it. I also need the time to use it and learn the scope/rifle combo. That is time I don't have right now, so I have been waiting for the time to become available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not a huge long range guy but am trying to get there.

I had a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 FFP which I sold and then bought a PST 6-24x FFP for about $650 less.

The PST is illuminated (Leupold is not).
    The most noticeable difference between the two:
    The turrets on the Leupold are nicer. Softer moving yet very distinct. The PST turrets could use a tad more refinement.

The PST also has a zero stop which I found to be very convenient. If I'm ever adjusting elevation and want to go back to my 100 yard zero I can just spin my turret until it stops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123