Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trunk Weapon?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question Trunk Weapon?

I just traded my old Jeep for a new one, and it has a lockable compartment under the floor of the trunk. I'm thinking about leaving an AR in there, separated into the Upper and Lower for space reasons. Maybe a chest rig with 3 mags in it as well.

This would be for defense in case of a societal break down that happens in a matter of hours. I.e. LA Riots, aftermath of a massive attack, etc. Also for if we encounter a ****in bear while hitting the jeep trails.

Even though it's perfectly legal, I think this might be a bad idea.
    What are your thoughts? Go for it? Not worth it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perhaps a side/under folder AK. Be a little cheaper for a gun that is going to see a lot of abuse. And you wouldn't need to assemble it before it is ready to go.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have a $450 under-folder AK and a $400 Rem 870 that I keep in my truck. Not both at the same time. I have a Chest rig and a Go-Bag set up for both of them. I choose the one that best suits the day’s activity or if I am going someplace that I can’t take the AK. Worst case I am out about $500. There is no way I would put one of my $2500 N4s in my truck and leave it there. That is what I got the AK for anyway.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Worst case I am out about $500.
    Plus the fact that you'd have armed a crook. That would bug me more than the money.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    Plus the fact that you'd have armed a crook. That would bug me more than the money.
    Good point. But I weighed the pros and cons and that is what I have come up with. I would hate to be stuck in the middle of the BIG SH!@ with just me Glock 27. That would be a very bad day.
    Last edited by docsherm; 06-28-11 at 13:49.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This is one question I struggle with. How to keep myself armed in my car with more than a measly Glock 19 or 1911 without giving a crook easy access to a rifle when I get out of the car.

Feedback Score
    I carry a 870 I got used a few years back for 200. I think it wise not keep anything in the car that you can't afford to replace in a week or two. You could also consider one of those Kel Tech rifles they can be folded in half. And B and H gun rack does Military and LEO discounts on those rifles. Kel Tech carrires three differnt models I would stay way from the A model due to it having plastic front sights. I have not shot any of them so I can not vouch for thier reliability. But I had considered on before. I think B and H prices the B model at about 350.

If you want to secure the weapon, if you have a lock box in a truck you can but some holes in the bottom and more or less chain it to the lock box using the lock that most weapons come with. Yes it could still be stolen, but if it is a pain in the ass they may leave it behind. The other nice thing about the kel tech is most criminal are dumb asses and they may not recognize the kel tech as being a gun while folded up.
    Last edited by NC_DAVE; 06-28-11 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Junk in da trunk

Mossberg 500 12ga, basic sling, wood stock w/ sidesaddle holder , 16" barrel, unscrewed nestled together in a case. Can be put together PDQ, compact package, inexpensive used. For getting back to the home plate? Works for me.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indawire View Post
    Mossberg 500 12ga, basic sling, wood stock w/ sidesaddle holder , 16" barrel, unscrewed nestled together in a case. Can be put together PDQ, compact package, inexpensive used. For getting back to the home plate? Works for me.
    Do you mean an 18" barrel? I would not keep an NFA item in my truck for a multitude of reasons.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's no reason why you need to set aside your primary preference. Get yourself a backpack or truly discreet bag to carry your carbine in. When you park your Jeep for the night, or make an unplanned stop somewhere you hadn't anticipated, you can take your carbine in with you.

So carried, you can also keep your carbine within easy reach of you when you're driving as well. In a moment of desperate need, a carbine locked in the trunk may as well be locked in a cabinet at home.

An Eagle AIII-Large easily carries a broken down 16" AR, ammo, and a change of clothes and toiletries. Try it.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast