Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huldra Arms - Ultimate Gas Piston Rifles

Feedback Score

Huldra Arms - Ultimate Gas Piston Rifles

Huldra Arms and Huldraarms.com would like to thank the folks at M4 Carbine! We have a line of Piston Operated rifles and complete uppers based on the Adams Arms Piston System. These rifles are exclusively available for sale at Mills Fleet Farm and fleetfarm.com. Our web site turned out fabulously, we packed it with information and videos. We currently offer 4 rifles: the Tactical Elite which is comparable to any Piston Operated rifle on the market, the Xpre which is a high end competition/high precision rifle, a Base 5.56 Carbine which dresses up nicely, and a 5.45 Carbine. I have 2,200+ rounds through the 5.45 (over 8 weeks) with no lube and no cleaning and no corrosion/rust. The 5.45 ammo we have been shooting is Russian Mil surplus that comes in tins of 1,080 for $149. We havenít had a single misfire or mis-feed. The 5.45 carbine has been punching through homemade steel targets at 50 yards. It is a wicked little round, I am glad they finally put it in the AR platform. Direct Impingement ARs would never perform as well with Russian Mil surplus ammo, the Huldra/Adams Arms piston system thrives on it. You have to see the videos on the 5.45. We are going to go to ?,000 without lube or cleaning, as time allows; I do have responsibilities at work, other than playing with guns.

Huldra Arms also has two Complete Uppers: a 5.56 Mid-length and a 5.45 upper that comes with a mag and Wolff extra power hammer spring.

The Huldra Mark IV series of rifles is manufactured for us by Adams Arms, and the centerpiece of our rifle is Adams Arms proprietary piston system. Huldra Arms spent countless months researching the future of the American battle rifle and came to the conclusion that Direct Impingement (DI) is a thing of the past. Of all the manufactures building piston rifles or systems, Adams stood out as having by far the best solution to the DI problem, as well as an extremely high quality manufacturing and assembly processes. We are sure you will be pleased with your Huldra rifle. We were very impressed by the High Quality final product Adams Arms was able to deliver us.

We want to thank all the fine folks and Adams Arms who developed these rifles for our brand and the fine people at Samson Manufacturing. Everyone in the industry has been great and helpful. The 3 Gun folks are a cool group that has been very encouraging.

Mills Fleet Farm is in the Modern Sporting Rifle market! The rifles are in stores now!!! In a few weeks we will be able to ship to FFLs via web ordering. We will post when we are ready for internet sales of rifles. Fleetfarm.com has a page of Tactical Accessories linked to Huldraarms.com. We are in the process of adding more products frequently.

Please look over our web site: huldraarms.com. Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Stewart Mills
    http://huldraarms.com

http://fleetfarm.com

Feedback Score

Huldra Mark IV 5.45 Carbine

Here is a project the guys and I have been working on. The video is on the long side, but a good watch. We took a Huldra Mark IV 5.45 carbine out of the box, wiped the grease off the bolt and bolt carrier and anywhere else we could find it. And then shot for over 2,200 round over a few weeks. No lube, no cleaning and the rifle didn't have a single misfire or misfeed. There hasnít been any rust or corrosion after 2,200+ rounds of corrosive Russian Mil Surplus ammo. You have to see the video. The gun is as quick at 2,200 as it was on the first shot. We are going to find out how many rounds we can put through it without lube or cleaning. 2,200 rounds wouldn't be a big deal, but with MilSurp corrosive ammo and no lube it is.

Thanks,
    Stewart Mills
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HuldraAr.../0/N4UPBXnVznk

Feedback Score
    Who are you guys, where are you from and how long have you been making rifles?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuldraArms View Post
    Huldra Arms spent countless months researching the future of the American battle rifle and came to the conclusion that Direct Impingement (DI) is a thing of the past. Of all the manufactures building piston rifles or systems, Adams stood out as having by far the best solution to the DI problem...
    Hmm...
    We appreciate those who stand by and support us. They are true patriots. We have to question the motives of those who continue to tear us down on this forum. They cannot stop us. Their petty feeble minds are easily exposed. The XCR will gain momentum until it covers the whole earth. There is no other platform like it and it is the best.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
    General Manager
    Robinson Armament Co.

Feedback Score
    I don't think these guys have lurked around here very long.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuldraArms View Post
    We have a line of Piston Operated rifles and complete uppers based on the Adams Arms Piston System.
    So, are you guys assembling Adams Arms kits, or does "based on" mean you're actually manufacturing something?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Does their manufacturer tag mean they're a paying site sponsor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Who are you guys, where are you from and how long have you been making rifles?
    We just started.

The Huldra Mark IV series of rifles is manufactured for us by Adams Arms, and the centerpiece of our rifle is Adams Arms proprietary piston system. Huldra Arms spent countless months researching the future of the American battle rifle and came to the conclusion that Direct Impingement (DI) is a thing of the past. Of all the manufactures building piston rifles or systems, Adams stood out as having by far the best solution to the DI problem, as well as an extremely high quality manufacturing and assembly processes. We are sure you will be pleased with your Huldra rifle. We were very impressed by the High Quality final product Adams Arms was able to deliver us.

We want to thank all the fine folks and Adams Arms who developed these rifles for our brand and the fine people at Samson Manufacturing. Everyone in the industry has been great and helpful. The 3 Gun folks are a cool group that has been very encouraging.

Mills Fleet Farm, a leading midwest sporting goods retailer is in the Modern Sporting Rifle market as the exclusive distributor of the Huldra Mark IV line of rifles! The rifles are in stores now!!! In early July we will be able to ship to FFLs via web ordering. We will post when we are ready for internet sales of rifles. Fleetfarm.com has a page of Tactical Accessories linked to Huldraarms.com. We are in the process of adding more products frequently.

Please look over our web site: huldraarms.com. Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Stewart Mills

http://huldraarms.com

http://fleetfarm.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Best of luck with the venture, I wish you guys great success!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    welcome!!! Your prices are reasonable.

a few questions;

-Bolts MP HP tested?
    -m4 feed ramps?
    -buffer weights?
    -You melonite the bore and chamber?
    -can we see pics of the carrier?
    - can we see pics of the receiver extension of your 5.45x39 that you ran so many rounds through? I would like to see how it holds up, and if there are any signs of Ctilt.

I hope i am not asking too much. The above might be good to have on your site too.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Shiz; 06-30-11 at 17:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rbabbitt767 View Post
    Hmm...
    I thought the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.
    We miss you, AC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I thought the same thing.
    Good questions. I will post pics and a formal response tomorrow when I get back to the office. If there is anything else you want to see, just post. A lot of info is on our web site already, if you can't wait.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think D.I is a thing of the past,but good luck with the new gun sales!

Feedback Score

Smile

I cannot speak for the guns but they run a hell of a great supply store chain in Wisconsin. Spent lots of time and money in the stores when I lived north. If the guns turn out like the store it will be a first class operation.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Welcome!

I have a few questions for you:

1) Why are these distributed only at Mills Fleet Farm? Given your last name, are you the owner of or related to the Mills Fleet Farm company? Your market will be quite limited if these are only sold in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and a corner of Iowa.

2) What's the origin of the name Huldra Arms? (see edit below)

3) Your website claims that "Our melonited barrels have higher lubricity, last longer and are just plain tougher than chrome lining." You probably didn't notice but we've had quite a running discussion of nitrocarburizing vs. chrome lining in the technical forums, see link below. Anything you could contribute on the technical side of that discussion would be very interesting.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=83495

EDIT:

I found this info about "Huldra" on their website FAQ:

http://huldraarms.com/faq/

"1. How is Huldra pronounced?

It is pronounced Hool-dra, or Hūl’dra

2. What is a Huldra?

In Norwegian folklore, the sometimes naked, mythically mysterious and tricky Huldra is a stunningly beautiful woman with long hair and a cow’s tail that lives in the forest realm of the trolls. In order to hide her tail the Huldra can disguise herself as a typical dairymaid, wearing the clothes of a regular farm girl. Although, the Huldra can never hide that she is more dazzling and prettier than other girls.

Hunters and the sons of farmers are often lured to the forest by the Huldra. The Huldra attracts men with her lovely singing and beautiful appearance. The Huldra may hold these poor men under her spell for many years. If the Huldra is unsatisfied, disobeyed, or is angered the Huldra will punish the man severely. Her anger and wrath is brutal and without parallel. Sometimes men that are released or manage to escape the Huldra are found wandering in the wilderness, not remembering what has happened to them.

She has long been associated with hunting and shooting; she might be induced to blow down the barrel of a rifle, causing the rifle thereafter to never miss a shot. "

The website and model lineup certainly makes it look like you hit the ground running.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 06-30-11 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/pro...complete-upper

Just one example from the site, looks like they will ship nationwide.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These are the same 416 stainless 1/8 twist melonite barrels that Adams Arms has sold for a couple years now?

On the Chrome moly barrels, any chance we could see the profile of the midlength barrel under the handguards? Adams midlength uppers like that utilize a heavy barrel for some odd reason. Wondering if these are different?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I wish you guys success. American companies with good business practices deserve it. But, this site may not be the best launching point for your company...
    -LSHD
    NRA Life Member
    USMC 08-12

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I would advise caution in the use of typical internet banter. The site has made them a manufacturer, so assume for a moment that they might be GTG. Trust, but verify.

No lynching necessary, ladies.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I would advise caution in the use of typical internet banter. The site has made them a manufacturer, so assume for a moment that they might be GTG. Trust, but verify.

No lynching necessary, ladies.

Fair enough. Competition is a good thing and having more companies providing quality rifles canít hurt.

Silly statements like ďDI problemĒ do tend to peg the b.s. meter though..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast