Thread: CRKT Hissatsu Folder

Feedback Score

CRKT Hissatsu Folder

How many of you guys have these and how is the durability? Just seen these and it looks awsome.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Every CRKT I've owned (3) has dulled and started to have play in the blade too soon (in my opinion). I really like the design, and would buy one if they made that size in a fixed blade, but I'm done with their folders.

As a weapon that doesn't get used and abused daily, if you're restricted to folders, it's not a bad design. The deployment of it leaves a little to be desired, though.

Feedback Score
    I carry the Heiho, the smaller version, on a daily basis. It gets constant use (bordering on abuse) and has been one of the best folders I have ever had.

Great lockup, super easy deployment, very durable. The edge retention is as good as any sub-$100 production folder I have owned. I have a hard time imagining the larger version is much different.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewLife2626 View Post
    How many of you guys have these and how is the durability? Just seen these and it looks awsome.
    I received mine from Amazon, right out of the box that damn thing wouldn't open. Loosened the blade up, lubed it, tightened it back up and NO GO. I was really looking forward to this knife and now I am really disappointed. Amazon is sending me another one with the same features, if this one is tits up out of the box I will sit in the corner and throw a fit like a 3 year old. I like the LAWKS redundant locking system so I home I get a good one.

ETA: The blade is incredibly sharp and the outburst assist is fast, the knife is perfectly sized and feels good in the hand. If I get a suitable replacement It'll spend some time replacing my ZT as my EDC.
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 07-17-11 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been running one of these for the last couple of months on patrol.

Out of the box this is one of the sharpest production knives out there. Mine showed no problems nor has it.

The blade steel is a little soft and as such will dull with hard use but as it is one of the softer steels it is easy to touch up. Most of time I simply use a ceramic rod and that brings the edge right back although a few times I have used a good stone to really touch it up.

Overall for the money it is, in my opinion, good to go.

That being said, the Hissatsu was never designed to be a utility blade, James Wiliams, the designer has made that point on multiple occassions. It was designed as the folding model of a very effective fixed blade fighting knife. In that roll, the Hissatsu has very few equals.

It is very quick and positive to open once you train with it for a short while. The Japanese Tanto configuration of the blade is outstanding for stabs and deep cuts.

The knife feels good in the hand and works well in a variety of grip styles.

Overall, for the money (less than $80 on Amazon) you could do much much worse and, to be honest, this knife is worth many times that asking price as long as it is taken in the context that it was created.