Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone here shortened a KAC SR-15 barrel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    I'm not trying to ridicule your idea, but I'd like to ask what the purpose would be to cut a 16" down to 14.5" only to have to perm pin a fh in place, bringing the length back up to 16". I understand if you planned to SBR it, but IMO, wouldn't the benefit of an actual 16" barrel be better to have if you are going to be in the 16" range either way?
    a 16" is longer than 16" once you factor in the length of the muzzle device that would still be on the 16". if you want to play that game then you would be taking a 17-18"ish barrel and taking it down to 14.5" and bringing it back to 16" exactly.

is it possible to go to a short enough length to warrant an sbr with the sr15 gas system length?
    Last edited by trinydex; 08-04-11 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    It would be really nice to have a shortened E3 tho. I just feel like I would screw it up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Rip the URX off, send it to ADCO, have them drill the port to MilSpec size, unless you plan to suppress the gun.

Use MilSpec RE, and H buffer, using USGI springs, test with M855. Adjust accordingly.

Noveske barrel would cost a lot of money, and I don't see why you'd do it.
    That's alot of work, I think I much rather buy an upper. As for Noveske, that's just the mall ninja in me . Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsong76 View Post
    That's alot of work, I think I much rather buy an upper. As for Noveske, that's just the mall ninja in me . Thanks for the info.
    It's worth it, and a lot of the stuff I mentioned is stuff you should have anyway, just for testing out new carbines to make sure they run.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12