• It Doesn't Matter Candy Ass!

3 5.26%
  • Bucket of puke

2 3.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump or Semi?

Feedback Score

Pump or Semi?

In a worst case scenario you wake in the middle of the night sick as a dog with 1 hand still asleep and your foot in a bucket of puke...

Which would be/is the better of the 2 for HD?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I voted semi...... For my AR...
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I voted semi...... For my AR...
    This is the shotgun subsection...

OP, it depends on your budget. If you can afford a top of the line semi, definitely go for it. If you're not going to spend the money on one that has a proven track record, go with a pump. It's a lot cheaper to buy a flawless pump than a flawless semi.

Feedback Score
    I like pump , but I got a semi auto for HD for my wife. I was worried she might short stroke a pump in a need it situation.
    Last edited by NC_DAVE; 07-31-11 at 00:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kh86 View Post
    In a worst case scenario you wake in the middle of the night sick as a dog with 1 hand still asleep and your foot in a bucket of puke...
    If you pump a shotgun w/ a numb hand, do you call it "the stranger?"

I voted pump because you gan get a good reliable one that won't break the bank.

Feedback Score
    Pump-Action

Based on preference after years of shooting both.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Get the pump, it will fire and cycle anything you can fit in the chamber. Even my top of the line Benelli is finicky about what it will cycle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ummm.... is it just me or has no one actually read the damn question....one hand is asleep... meaning you only have 1 hand to work the weapon... obviously that lends its self only to a semi-auto... or doing some type of half-arthritic cerebral palsy type of maneuver to rack the slide with one hand by dragging or pushing it against something

and if you plan to pump with the yet still asleep hand.... the fact that it is indeed still asleep is moot and thus has no bearing on this scenario and shouldn't even be mentioned.... personally I am assuming the hand is unusable...
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 07-31-11 at 02:46.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    ummm.... is it just me or has no one actually read the damn question....one hand is asleep... meaning you only have 1 hand to work the weapon... obviously that lends its self only to a semi-auto... or doing some type of half-arthritic cerebral palsy type of maneuver to rack the slide with one hand by dragging or pushing it against something

and if you plan to pump with the yet still asleep hand.... the fact that it is indeed still asleep is moot and thus has no bearing on this scenario and shouldn't even be mentioned.... personally I am assuming the hand is unusable...
    Unless he keeps the shotgun stored in condition 0, he will have trouble getting a round ready with a pump or a semi.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a Mossberg 930spx and I find it to be a very reasonably priced, very reliable semi auto. I would recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast