Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .308 Compensator... Battlecomp?

Feedback Score

.308 Compensator... Battlecomp?

I just finished up a mega maten build, but still need a comp. While waiting for rainier 18" barrels to become available, they got some 16" selects in, so I picked one up with the thought that I could always swap it out later if I want.

So I'm looking for suggestions on compensators... Is the battle comp worth 2x most of the others?

Feedback Score
    Sorry about the crappy pic.

Feedback Score
    What is the purpose of the rifle? 3Gun? Bench? Carry?

That will dictate what comp you need.

I've got the 308 BC on my MA-TEN. I bought it because it's a lightweight build that I hunt with. It has good compensation while not blowing mine and my hunting buddies eardrums out like other open comps do. The Battlecomp is a compromise between good compensation/sound/muzzle blast/flash hiding.

It is not the world's best comp - look to a SJC Titan for that.

That's why it all depends on YOUR purpose for your rifle. It's absolutely perfect for what I use my MA-TEN for.

If I built a high-precision, long range .308, I either wouldn't put a muzzle device on it at all, or I'd put a Titan or similar on it... NOT a BC.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-11-12 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    Typical 3-gun setup is what I'm after. Want something that is lightweight, relatively quiet, quick recovery, etc..

No plans for suppression.

Just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be looking at anything else...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rBenABen View Post
    Typical 3-gun setup is what I'm after. Want something that is lightweight, relatively quiet, quick recovery, etc..

No plans for suppression.

Just wanted to make sure I shouldn't be looking at anything else...
    3Gun = Titan for 308. Most effective comp there is I believe (which is what you want for 3Gun (you don't care about others or yourself(hearing protection))).
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-11-12 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    Brahmzy, would you use BC for a "carry"/SHTF rifle? Sounds like it might fit the bill from your description.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Basenji View Post
    Brahmzy, would you use BC for a "carry"/SHTF rifle? Sounds like it might fit the bill from your description.
    Yep - absolutely. Decent comp that can be used without ear plugs. Not recommended obviously, but ya can't really use earplugs for hunting or SHTF'ing.. so.

A normal open brake on a 308 is significantly louder than the BC.

Feedback Score
    i have a battlecomp 2.0 on my adcor defense bear elite piston upper and a babc on my custom neveske barreled 300 blackout both in 16"barrels and i`am more than pleased with them both!are they ever really worth what you pay?would i buy other`s for other builds?yes,but my build`s are mainly for recreational and shtf usage.for hunting i think i would have a 20" bull barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Yep - absolutely. Decent comp that can be used without ear plugs. Not recommended obviously, but ya can't really use earplugs for hunting or SHTF'ing.. so.

A normal open brake on a 308 is significantly louder than the BC.
    The military uses ear pro for shit hits the fan and so do good hunters. Get some electronic ear pro.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The BABC is an excellent comp/brake and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for your rifle. Yes, there might be slightly better brakes on the market but the BC is a great blend of a comp/brake.

It has been excellent on my LMT MWS and does a great job taming recoil on the carbine length gas system...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast