Thread: POF .308 Issue....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

POF .308 Issue....

I have just purchased a brand new POF P308. I finally got my optics mounted and went off to the range to zero it it(It was also the first time it was being shot)

I was using PMAGs and Remmington .308 UMC ammo 150gr

Here are the issues I encountered.
    1. The spent case was being ejected but another round was not chambering leaving me having to recharge the rifle
    2. The spent case was being ejected and 2 rounds were trying to feed at the same time.
    3. The bold was not locking back on the last round

Keep in mind I had no failure to ejects just feeding issues.

I did check the piston but was unable to determine which way it was put in(when I slid the gun forward it flew out and hit the floor without me catching it)

I also ran the gun not dry but not overly lubed so I was wondering if this could have had something to do with it?

I did speak to the dealer and they were great about it and will take care of whatever problem it may be without any expense on my part but was hoping to avoid having to send it back.
    Any and all input would be appreciated

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This forum strongly insists that you work out your problems with the manufacturer or vendor before "trash talking". I see you're handling w/ your dealer, so IMHO you're just fine.

Now, I've heard internet stories about POF rifles being unreliable. Funny thing is, rarely does anybody step up and say HOW they were malfunctioning. Then on the other hand, some people report that their POF guns run just fine.

So, THANK YOU for reporting what's going on with your POF308.

As for the reported problems, these would be my initial guesses:
    1. Bad magazine or short stroking.
    2. Bad magazine.
    3. Bad magazine or short stroking.

Before sending the gun back, I'd try a different mag just for the hell of it. Good luck!
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

Feedback Score
    First thing that occurred to me was: how many rounds have you shot? I can appreciate not wanting to waste money/time on ammo, since I have gone through testing a few guns with failures like the below--not wanting to return--so I'd suggest if you haven't put at least 150 downrange, why not give it another go (lubed up and with different mags) and maybe it will "break in."
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    Agreed.

The first time out I put about 80rds through her.

Next time out(Sunday) I put another 120rds through her. Same mags...just gave her a few sprays of Rem Oil twice.

No more double feeds and I only had to recharge her twice. Hopefully next time out she will just run like a champ

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any updates on your issues?

Feedback Score

POF issue

I had initially the same problem. Approximately 200-300 rnds down range.

My POF .308 14.5" NP3 began having FTF...actually before that I had some trouble with the DPMS mags the dealer gave me, after then nothing until.

a. Double feed with two rounds of unfired ammor or
    b. Double feed with two rounds of one case, one live round
    c. Then I had a problem with FTE where the case jammed and the rounds would sometimes double feed.
    I continued to try to run rounds through it, about 8 different types of ammo, some it would go as many as 8 rounds then malfunction.

Sent it into POF with a letter. Received a call within 6 days, by day10 they wanted to know where to send it back to. Day 13 I received it. Only reason I kept it exceptional customer service.

What was verbalized and written to me was the spring & buffer were replaced, bolt, extractor were replaced & feed ramp was polished. Nothing was found to be wrong with the piston mechanism. I had read that on other forums and asked specifically about that.

I took it to the range with some non corrosive surplus and ran 240 rounds hot, rotating angles full 360, no failures. I then rezeroed my sights & optics. Same groupings sub moa. So the spring and buffer were the problem with mine. I fired about 320 rounds and the accuracy was still amazing. I still have it and don't think I'd trade it for anything else. Funny enough a few friends want to trade their new scar 17's for it.