Thread: Magpul PTS?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Magpul PTS?

Anyone know what the Magpul "PTS" BUIS sight is? Nothing listed on the Magpul site, but they are all over ebay right along with the regular Magpul sights. The package says Magpul, claims they are Magpul in the text and "to be used for simulations and airsoft use" Never came across them before. Is this some far east crapola knockoff? Nothing in the search feature.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Magpul makes it, but it's Airsoft.

http://www.magpul.com/brandfamily

Last edited by Hmac; 07-22-11 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Professional Training and Simulation Division

http://www.magpul-pts.com/

http://www.magpul.com/brandfamily

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've got a set on my dedicated .22lr upper. Didn't see a reason to drop the coin for the regular set on a .22, but that's about as far as I'd use them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah, Ive tried some of that airsoft crap and you get what you pay for no doubt.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcemt View Post
    Yeah, Ive tried some of that airsoft crap and you get what you pay for no doubt.
    Are you making a broad generalization or have you actually used some of Magpul's PTS products and don't like them in particular?
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Double tap - because I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Striker6; 07-23-11 at 20:04.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

PTS vs. first line product

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. Now, has anyone actually had a side by side comparison of the PTS product line vs. what I'm calling the Magpul first line products (non-PTS)? For price comparison the Magpul first line sling is $45 (+-), the PTS sling, which looks the same, can be had for $20. The PTS BUIS can be had for $20 for the rear, the first line rear BUIS is $55. Take just those two items. What is the difference- material itself? construction? dimensions? markings? features? packaging? point of origin? I realize the PTS is marketed to the "airsoft" crowd but if you can't tell the difference and test out the same and costs less than half Just cause "inquiring minds want to know", I just ordered a PTS sling ($20 shipped) and will see how much abuse it can take before failure. Anyone else do a side by side face off these two lines? I can't believe are we just assuming that one is better than the other. Show me the holes.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    The PTS products are made in hong kong, and are NOT of quality acceptable for real firearms, ESPECIALLY for a BUIS.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Okay, this has gone far enough. We'll put aside the strongly-implied accusation toward the company in question.....

Who exactly is assuming anything about anything? Which mysterious group are you assuming to represent by using the term "we?"

I read the warning label on a bottle of muriatic acid, and I think "Gotcha, I won't drink that." You're looking at the same warning label as I and saying "Acid....like 'citrus'....I should be able to mix this with vodlka just fine!"

OR

"What, I'm not supposed to drink this!? CONSPIRACY!!"

The holes you're looking for are not in regard to the items in question or even the company that makes them. They exist in kidding yourself you're trying to be thrifty when you're just being cheap.

Hint: real guns are made of METAL and generate heat, airsoft guns are made of PLASTIC and do NOT + Magpul PTA accessories + elementary-school science = doy.

Hint 2: Broad generalizations about not using airsoft components on real guns.....aren't.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons