Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 1x4 for $300 or less

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Best 1x4 for $300 or less

I have a family member with a limited income and wishs to scope his
    M4. The use of the rifle will be a home defense rifle and plinker. He lives in a rural area and wants a scope intead of a Aimpoint. Ive read the threads but can use alittle help from people who own budget optics and have run them hard. I will buy him the ADM mount to do my part as he is married to my sister.
    Thanks Steve.

Feedback Score
    Burris tac 30.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    can you elaborate

Feedback Score
    +1 on the Burris Tac 30

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Another vote for the TAC 30. I have the 3-9 and a friend has the 1-4. Both of us have been very happy with them.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I tried a Millett DMR for a while as a proof of concept, and it was ok, but I would trust irons more.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Try this, there is one for sale in the EE right now.

http://swfa.com/Leupold-15-5x20-VX-3...pe-P12633.aspx
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    I never could understand people wanting to use a 1-4 for home defense. It's just not practical. It's such a short distance, eye relief isn't as good, and sight acquisition sucks. That's not to say I don't have any 1-4 scopes. Just that I would never use one for home defense. I'd prefer iron sights over a scope. Obviously, my first choice is some form of red dot, holo, or similar reflex sight. But for the 1-4 scope, the Burris is definitely a decent choice.

Also, for about $150, the Barska 1-3x30 electro sight is pretty decent. http://www.shopbarska.com/AR_15_Scop...TRO_SIGHT.html It has cross hair and a 1-3 power magnification. But it also lights up the cross hair if needed for faster acquisition. It also has rails on 3 sides of it for accessories like lasers, lights, or even an additional reflex sight. It really is a pretty decent and sturdy scope. But again; for any inside the house defense purpose, I wouldn't be using a scope. I'd use red-dot of some form or even iron sights.
    "Born Wild; Raised Proud"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acespeedy View Post
    +1 on the Burris Tac 30

I have one on an AR and it is good for the money, BUT I do question the role of HD. Get one on a quality QD mount and use it for everything else and then put a red dot on for HD.

Feedback Score
    Burris TAC 30 It's not an S&B Short Dot (what is ?) but I find it to be well worth the money.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast