Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USA Ammo Blew Up M&P15

Feedback Score
    Double post :/
    Last edited by saddlerocker; 07-28-11 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    The guy on PAFOA.org posted pics
    And he said USAammo told him they have recalled that batch of reloaded .223
    They are apparently sending out emails informing people that bought that ammo to stop firing it and send it back.

Link again...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-re...ch-beware.html
    Last edited by saddlerocker; 07-28-11 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I shot some of their .45 ACP ammo a few years back. It was absolute garbage, and there's no way I'd shoot any of their ammo.

OP, glad you're ok.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Another one blows up
    this time its a Sig 556
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/54...auer_P556.html

Feedback Score
    Just another good reason not to shoot reloads, unless you reload them yourself...and you're good at it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anybody heard of issues with their 9mm ammo? I have 600 rounds I'm afraid to shoot due to their 5.56 KABOOM issues.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveshamockery View Post
    Anybody heard of issues with their 9mm ammo? I have 600 rounds I'm afraid to shoot due to their 5.56 KABOOM issues.
    I have 1500 rds from them lol...I will shoot every one of them. The KB's were with the .223 due to a bad lot of powder. USA took care of the guys' rifles that blew and recalled the lot. Despite their current marketing ploy for their new AR they're selling, they have taken care of business and I have always received good CS from them.

Don't worry if it blows, I would bet they replace your handgun for free...no guaratee on replacing fingers tho

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been having a e-mail exchange with a USAammo rep and I believe USAammo will be a solid company down the road as they refine their Customer Service and up-date the USAammo website with proper descriptions of products they sell. USAammo is currently adding 50% to their employee work force and are working out growing pains as they expand their company.

As to the issue of the recent USAammo .223 re-manufactured ammunition Ka-Booms some times it is very hard to locate over or under pressure loads in a single lot of ammunition.

Say your running 25,000 or 50,000 round lot and the loader(s) has to be refilled numerous times with components during the course of the run.

During a refill maybe one canister of power is out of spec and it is used to produce 1,000 to 2,000rds of ammunition out of the 25,000 to 50,000 round run.

As the Q/C guy you randomly grab boxes at different points during the 25,000 to 50,000 round lot and test them, if they come up good then the lot is considered safe and sold.

Now if you start having a handful of Ka-Boom's all USAammo can do is recall the lot, contact the buyers and make good with the owners of the blown guns.

Does this make USAammo a bad company and that everyone should avoid their products? Ka-Booms happen with just about every ammo company out there one time or another and I would hope USAammo would step up their Q/C to make sure it didn't happen again.

I feel confident with my recent e-mail exchange to review a sample of .223 62gr PSP in virgin Lake City brass (Item #: 22362PSPN) and I will report the results here.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    I've been having a e-mail exchange with a USAammo rep and I believe USAammo will be a solid company down the road as they refine their Customer Service and up-date the USAammo website with proper descriptions of products they sell. USAammo is currently adding 50% to their employee work force and are working out growing pains as they expand their company.

As to the issue of the recent USAammo .223 re-manufactured ammunition Ka-Booms some times it is very hard to locate over or under pressure loads in a single lot of ammunition.

Say your running 25,000 or 50,000 round lot and the loader(s) has to be refilled numerous times with components during the course of the run.

During a refill maybe one canister of power is out of spec and it is used to produce 1,000 to 2,000rds of ammunition out of the 25,000 to 50,000 round run.

As the Q/C guy you randomly grab boxes at different points during the 25,000 to 50,000 round lot and test them, if they come up good then the lot is considered safe and sold.

Now if you start having a handful of Ka-Boom's all USAammo can do is recall the lot, contact the buyers and make good with the owners of the blown guns.

Does this make USAammo a bad company and that everyone should avoid their products? Ka-Booms happen with just about every ammo company out there one time or another and I would hope USAammo would step up their Q/C to make sure it didn't happen again.

I feel confident with my recent e-mail exchange to review a sample of .223 62gr PSP in virgin Lake City brass (Item #: 22362PSPN) and I will report the results here.
    Looking forward to this...will you be testing ballistics? Chrono speeds? Accuracy? All of the above?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I will be pulling bullets and weighting powder charge/bullet weights and checking OAL.

Once at the range I will chrono every round fired at 10 feet and strap both guns into a remote gun rest and shoot for group at 100yds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast