Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    frog lube is more expensive, but I have found that with the paste I do not use nearly as much as I do with other lubes.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    frog lube is more expensive, but I have found that with the paste I do not use nearly as much as I do with other lubes.
    Same with the liquid. I go heavy if I clean or am just converting an AR to it. But after that it's just 3-5 drops of lube to start out a shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My only malfunction in 3 carbine classes came during a rainy Seattle day in a mud pit. I goofed off during lunch and forgot to lube. My LMT choked in the 9th hour of a 10 hour day. Can't remember round count prior.

That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?

I was using Breakfree CLP at the time but have since moved to using a combo of Colt T-6 Grease and Weaponshield.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?
    Good question. I've never tried it in a really wet/rainy condition.

I could let a carbine heat up in the sun to get the lube flowing then hammer it with the hose to see.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Not too much to ask of FL.

Feedback Score
    Just for the record; what lubes have been documented to do that?

(I'm guessing Slip2000 EWL might be on that list, but if we gonna poke fingers at what products won't do what we should note whether or not any other product will or won't do it.)

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Not too much to ask of FL.
    Froglube does good in rain. It will bead the rain and wick it away. I have not tried it like in the ocean or a pool but as far as rain goes it seems to work through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Froglube does good in rain. It will bead the rain and wick it away. I have not tried it like in the ocean or a pool but as far as rain goes it seems to work through it.
    Concidering that it was formulated from similar stuff to that which is used in food processing equipment and rollercoasters, I would bet that it does quite well "in the wet". I don't want to be the guy to throw my rifle in a pond then try to shoot it, concidering all my rifles are high-end builds, but I would venture to guess that it would probably be fine lube wise.

Feedback Score
    Quick question. Once I have applied the FL as per the instructions and wipe off the excess, am I supposed to reapply a light coat before I shoot it? Or do I shoot it "dry"?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    Quick question. Once I have applied the FL as per the instructions and wipe off the excess, am I supposed to reapply a light coat before I shoot it? Or do I shoot it "dry"?
    It's liquifies when your bolt group warms up.

Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast