Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    So...on the bcg...are we to use paste or clp? I take it the clp never dries?
    Froglube in either paste or liquid is a CLP.

The paste turns to a liquid with heat and the liquid...well, is a liquid.

If you fire your gun for short periods (IDPA/IPSC) perhaps the liquid would be better if your gun needs to be wet.

Personally, I use only the paste for my AR's and Glocks. I fire enough in a short period of time for the paste on the AR to turn to and remain a liquid for the remainder of my shooting session. On the Glocks a very thin layer (barely visible) is all I apply as it has no need to be dripping wet.

Perhaps you need both the liquid and the paste or you many need only one. Individual needs will dictate that but the paste is all I need.

The biggest benefits I have realized are the non-toxic/pleasant smell the family appreciates and the ease of simply wiping down and re-applying.

Harold

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    So...on the bcg...are we to use paste or clp? I take it the clp never dries?
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtjosh View Post
    I don't know that it matters. The paste turns to a liquid on a warm gun during firing and turns back to paste when it cools.
    Again
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    Great thread. I've learned to never store my ammo with potential primer solvents. I've also learned to never use abrasives to strip away the protective surfaces of my weapons if I plan to store them in salt water. Maybe I'll just keep them as clean as possible, lubricate them well and remove contaminants ASAP. Proper corrosion protection and lubrication only changes the intervals between maintenance, it doesn't change the necessity as dictated by the environment of the deployed location. Deferred maintenance is for doomed weapons. Very similar to automotive care.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by extrication View Post
    .... I've also learned to never use abrasives to strip away the protective surfaces of my weapons if I plan to store them in salt water....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Froglube is pretty damned cool. I almost want to say there is beeswax in it, but I don't have a clue. All I know is, is minty fresh.

It didn't remove old carbon that was on before I treated it the first time, but it sure removes the new stuff.

Feedback Score
    Well I just lubed up my Browning Buckmark with this stuff, that thing gets a metric %#@! ton of carbon/lead on the breach face and feedramp that likes to really stick on there. So I believe this pistol will truly be a good test of how well the Froglube prevents carbon from sticking.

I'm also thinking of using some froglube as a .22lr bullet lube to see if it helps accuracy any, as many of the higherquality match target rounds use a greasy coating that seems similar to the FrogLube, this will also give me an idea if it will deactivate ammo aswell. I'll report back on these findings after I get the buckmark to the range.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not important to use in the dry, hot desert. But I can certainly see how it'd be important to some.
    I live fairly close to the Coast, for corrosion protection I wipe my guns with a Hoppe's silicone cloth about every 2 weeks - including my carry gun. I have yet to find rust on any of my guns. It's a easy, quick & cheap way to protect your firearm from rust.
    Hope this helps anyone with rust problems - wipe your gun down more often if you see the need. Froglube is a lube and should be used as such.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I actually used froglube on the cutting heads of my Norelco electric razor!!!

You're supposed to lube the cutters periodically... but I never wanted a petroleum based lube getting cross mojonated will my delicate pores! Problem solved!!

I also ran some froglube on my LE WILSON case trimmer. Seems to hang out longer than Mobil 1 did.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shua713 View Post
    It has worked exactly as described, and my wife doesn't bitch about the smell.
    SOLD! My wife loves the shooting, but hates the bore cleaner and oil afterwards. Anything to make the missus happy.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been trying Froglube on one of my AR's. FWIW, it's a 16" midlength, never used with a suppressor. It seems to work ok, but when it's not hot it seems kind of gummed up. The bolt is really sticky in the carrier. This worries me a bit because until it heats up it acts like it's really dirty even though it's not.

Do you wipe off every bit of excess lube when you clean/lube the weapon? I wipe off the inside of the receiver and the outside of the bcg, but haven't really wiped down the bolt and inside of carrier after lubing. It looks like that's the problem, just wondering if that makes sense?

Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast