Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by old grunt usmc View Post
    The autozone brake cleaner leaves no residue.
    I use to work on cars a lot. All brake cleaner leaves a residue if you let it pool. If you use brake parts cleaner, try to wipe off the excess before you let it dry. But I wouldn't hesitate using it (NON-CHLORINATED!!)

Feedback Score
    Yes that's the one i used and no problems with my froglube. love the stuff!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    --George Washington

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Frog Lube also has a stripper now - non-toxic and pour-down-the-drain just like the lube. And, of course, super effective.

I had the pleasure of being introduced to the Frog Lube family at SHOT through the good graces of Iraqgunz. I also had the pleasure of meeting Cpt Lasky's family - and Frog Lube truly is a family business.

Feedback Score
    sweet gonna have to get some!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    --George Washington

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    Frog Lube also has a stripper now - non-toxic and pour-down-the-drain just like the lube. And, of course, super effective.

I had the pleasure of being introduced to the Frog Lube family at SHOT through the good graces of Iraqgunz. I also had the pleasure of meeting Cpt Lasky's family - and Frog Lube truly is a family business.
    I will probably get some of the stripper. It doesn't leave anything behind, does it? I know some strippers for firearms are designed to, just want to make sure this stuff won't.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd like to rub froglube on a stripper.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd like to rub froglube on a stripper.
    Lol, I just want to know if the stripper will leave any Frog Lube crap behind to "protect" my weapon, or if it is a true stripper.
    Last edited by WS6; 01-19-12 at 10:20.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Based on all the reviews, I picked some up a couple weeks ago...

Completely cleaned the bolt and carrier with rubbing alcohol, warmed up everything with a hair dryer, and used the supplied brush to baste everything with the paste. I didnt know how much to put on, so I went with a relatively light coating as this was the first time using it. After watching the paste "melt" on when applying, i had no doubt it would do the same when in use.

I put 200 rounds through it the next day with no problems. By the end of the day, the light coating, cold weather, and debris seemed to dry everything up but it still had a slight wet look to it. I took it home, generously recoated everything with the liquid and took it out this last weekend for another 150 rounds with no problems and this time it was still plenty wet.

Things I noticed:
    -Worked well: stays put and warms up quickly, then returns to a semi solid state when it cools
    -Dont be afraid to be generous when applying, the paste and liquid mix well together
    -PLEASURE to work with as it smells great and washed off easily
    -Parts wiped pretty clean afterward, but I will still probably detail clean it periodically

I like it, I'm very glad I gave it shot thanks to this thread!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    Based on all the reviews, I picked some up a couple weeks ago...

Completely cleaned the bolt and carrier with rubbing alcohol, warmed up everything with a hair dryer, and used the supplied brush to baste everything with the paste. I didnt know how much to put on, so I went with a relatively light coating as this was the first time using it. After watching the paste "melt" on when applying, i had no doubt it would do the same when in use.

I put 200 rounds through it the next day with no problems. By the end of the day, the light coating, cold weather, and debris seemed to dry everything up but it still had a slight wet look to it. I took it home, generously recoated everything with the liquid and took it out this last weekend for another 150 rounds with no problems and this time it was still plenty wet.

Things I noticed:
    -Worked well: stays put and warms up quickly, then returns to a semi solid state when it cools
    -Dont be afraid to be generous when applying, the paste and liquid mix well together
    -PLEASURE to work with as it smells great and washed off easily
    -Parts wiped pretty clean afterward, but I will still probably detail clean it periodically

I like it, I'm very glad I gave it shot thanks to this thread!
    I had similar results, except I noted that my AR felt more "gritty" than when I just lubed it with regular CLP. It also had more friction when cycling. The buffer-spring would not push the bolt closed and latch the handle anymore, when "babied" forward. With any other lube I have tried on the weapon, it would. I do have some joint pain and a cast iron skillet, though, so not all is lost, lol
    Last edited by WS6; 01-19-12 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    Ran three hundred rounds through a new rifle today that was prepped with frog lube. I broke it down and cleaned it afterward. All components required only a quick wipe down and light lube. After fifteen minutes it appeared the weapon was never fired. Absolutely no functional issues and the wife had no odor complaints afterward (regarding the lube). Next week I'll run an additional thousand rounds through it and I'll post a report.

Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast