Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    What do you mean?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Very little info is on it. Flash point of the liquid and its sg. Lots of not determined.

The paste msds contains only the information that it can be thrown in the trash and is "stable".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For anyone moved by these accounts of increased wear after switching to FL, I suggest you research the following:

- "Post hoc ergo propter hoc"
    - The difference between correlation and causation.

There are a lot of fundamentally flawed conclusions being drawn from equally flawed anecdotal evidence here.

I'm not saying with certainty that FL does or does not prevent wear adequately. Without proper methodology and specialized equipment, none of us can answer that question unequivocally based on experience. What I AM saying is that from a scientific and honest perspective, the answer cannot be derived from anything I've seen thus far in this thread.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    For anyone moved by these accounts of increased wear after switching to FL, I suggest you research the following:

- "Post hoc ergo propter hoc"
    - The difference between correlation and causation.

There are a lot of fundamentally flawed conclusions being drawn from equally flawed anecdotal evidence here.

I'm not saying with certainty that FL does or does not prevent wear adequately. Without proper methodology and specialized equipment, none of us can answer that question unequivocally based on experience. What I AM saying is that from a scientific and honest perspective, the answer cannot be derived from anything I've seen thus far in this thread.
    that is what frustrates me. No real data exists for this product that I am aware of. Love the physical properties , just not sure about how well it works to preserve my firearms. I see antecdotal evidence both ways. Lack of willingness to support with non biased data ones product and rather rely on emotion and testimony just never has worked for me. I think the only reason it worked this time and not for trillium solutions last product is that Lasky was a better known SEAL with more influence that the guy Trillium chose for their SEAL-1 product.
    Last edited by WS6; 01-21-12 at 22:38.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    that is what frustrates me. No real data exists for this product that I am aware of. Love the physical properties, just not sure about how well it works to preserve my firearms. I see antecdotal evidence both ways.
    My own personal experience says that it prevents wear as well as all the other commonly used lubricants. I am a FL user. It works well for my purposes.

It's going to either coming down to an actual experiment that adheres to the scientific method, or on people trying it and making their own determinations for their own uses.

Until a proper test is done with proper equipment, all we're doing is spinning our wheels here and proving nothing.

At some point all this talk becomes useless and you just have to make a decision. Use it or don't.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    After experiencing some of Gunz' Frog Lube first hand, I immediately had the insane, almost uncontrollable desire to brush my teeth with it. It appears to have some quality attributes some other lubes don't.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    That is exactly my point regarding BS marketing hype. However, the manufacturer of WS is making that claim about WS and vehicle engines.

Is there not enough righteous, impotent indignation in your heart to mount just one more holy crusade for truth and justice against one more lube manufacturer?
    I honestly don't want to get in the middle of a lover's quarrel but claiming the maker of WS says to use it in auto engines is not factually correct.

the product they are using in auto applications is another product called Engine shield which predated Weapon Shield.

is it the same stuff with a different label? maybe...

is it just a way of cross-marketing the same product without changing the formulation? I don't know but if you're getting your opinion from the thread here when the maker came on and was discussing it's auto uses, then that product was identified as Steel Shield and it's application was discussed.

he said the "technology" from that product was also present in Weapon Shield - he never said use Weapon Shield in your car....
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I honestly don't want to get in the middle of a lover's quarrel but claiming the maker of WS says to use it in auto engines is not factually correct.

the product they are using in auto applications is another product called Engine shield which predated Weapon Shield.

is it the same stuff with a different label? maybe...

is it just a way of cross-marketing the same product without changing the formulation? I don't know but if you're getting your opinion from the thread here when the maker came on and was discussing it's auto uses, then that product was identified as Steel Shield and it's application was discussed.

he said the "technology" from that product was also present in Weapon Shield - he never said use Weapon Shield in your car....
    Mr Fennel is readily available for discussion and is a professional tribologist. He has never told me "I can't discuss that." Or anything of the sort.

Mr. Laskey on the other hand is not a tribologist and refuses to discuss much about how his product performs in tests he claims were done.

I would not hand a tribologist an m4 and send him to hunt down a SEAL, and at the same time I do not believe a SEAL given a lab will create an award winning lubricant. Unfortunately, Mr. Laskey refuses to discuss Trillium, so I wonder if Trillium will discuss Froglube.

Aside from all the marketing crap, the product still interests me for reasons I have stated before, and I agree there is strong merit to iraqgunz and others uses of it. I will give it another go and see what I see.

Feedback Score
    No data of your own, quoting someone else's without a control. Got it.

What's funny is that you bitch and whine about FL's marketing yet mention using WeaponShield. Do you believe WS's marketing claims regarding automotive engines?
    No, I think a firearm is a fair test subject. I don't give a shit about the hair drier as I have never used one for FL application. I've just applied it and carried on.

Let us know how pouring WS into your crankcase goes.
    That is exactly my point regarding BS marketing hype. However, the manufacturer of WS is making that claim about WS and vehicle engines.

Is there not enough righteous, impotent indignation in your heart to mount just one more holy crusade for truth and justice against one more lube manufacturer?
    Gota link to the WS in engines claim?
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
    Gota link to the WS in engines claim?
    http://www.steelshieldtech.com/mainp...ne-shield.html

Guys, I'm no longer trying to rationalize with WS6's weird obsession. I put him on ignore. I'll probably unsubscribe to this thread.

Came to this realization when I went to the range and had dinner yesterday and he was still on here when I got back.

Feedback Score
    Saw the same here Littlelebowski. At first, I thought it was a bot, but have realized it to be a troll. By his own admission,

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As a rough example, visualize inserting a 60 mm mortar shell in the rectum and detonating it and you will begin to get a sense of this...". Be sure and use weaponshield for lubrication purposes. I'd hate to see the current supply of FrogLube dwindle so much because I'm sure it would take too much to lube before insertion. That is all !
    Last edited by Paladin801; 01-22-12 at 13:38. Reason: correction on spelling.

Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast