Page 22 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    There is no such thing as "operating temperature" as far as MSDS is concerned. The state of the product as stored is all that matters. It doesn't matter if you plan to heat it, cool it or smear it all over your body. It's a paste while it's sitting on the shelf....period.

When you heat the paste it becomes...wait for it.....a LIQUID. Which an MSDS already exists for and lists a flash point.
    Laskey told me the two are chemically different. I don't know the technical what for about whether msds data for a flash point is indicated to test for. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Brand new DD BCG after 350 rounds of xm193 using FL...I never paid attention to what my other rifle's BCG looked like at this point, so someone who knows more what the wear should look like at this point can chime in. Process and application of FL in my above posts.

Before and after wipe down.

ETA:
    Last edited by tdoom15; 01-22-12 at 22:41.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks! Very similar to my noveske with similar count using clp and weapon shield for all but the first 60 rounds. Any pix of the inside of the upper? Looks like Fl is doing fine by the bcg.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Why, because someone is questioning something that he is not? It's called debate/discussion, and this is in "General Discussion". It's the right topic, in the right section, and if you find it boring/in poor taste/whatever the case, you don't have to read or contribute to it.

This shouldn't be like TOS where people cannot disagree without acting like children and calling names/whining/etc.

Lets see...

I called a non-member a "liar" and then supported my statement. Other than that statement, which appears to be self-evidently accurate and well supported...
    WS6,I don't believe my last comment in this thread was directed towards you...I don't recall calling you any names or for that matter even addressing you personally. Frankly, I could give a rat's ass less about you, froglube or who's right or wrong....This thread should be locked, as it's gone from a disscussion/debate about the property's of this stuff, to who has the last word.I don't use this stuff, don't know anything about it,(and could care less) but, if you don't like it, don't use it, and drive on, it's that simple..Why waste bandwith trying to convince people that this stuff dosen't work when they are apparently having different results? I mean, give it a break, In the big scheme of things, who really gives a shit?
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    WS6,I don't believe my last comment in this thread was directed towards you...I don't recall calling you any names or for that matter even addressing you personally. Frankly, I could give a rat's ass less about you, froglube or who's right or wrong....This thread should be locked, as it's gone from a disscussion/debate about the property's of this stuff, to who has the last word.I don't use this stuff, don't know anything about it,(and could care less) but, if you don't like it, don't use it, and drive on, it's that simple..Why waste bandwith trying to convince people that this stuff dosen't work when they are apparently having different results? I mean, give it a break, In the big scheme of things, who really gives a shit?
    This thread has just delivered some very relevant pictures showing froglube performing well. I think as long as people can come back to task and drop the one upping, its a good resource. Looking forward to pix of the upper if possible.

If you don't like the thread, disregard it. It's not relevant to you apparently, and that's ok.

Feedback Score
    So I am new to the m4carbine forum, I'm confused is froglube good or what?
    I read the whole thread and have scouted out some other forums and I just keep getting way to many mixed stories.

Apparently it was reproduced from Tracklube, if it keeps the roller coasters moving along yr after yr it should work on guns right?

I do have a question anyone been using it on a stainless steel Handgun like a Sig P220 all stainless for a couple thousand rds yet?

BTW Hi Everyone.

Ya And I hope the thread don't get closed to I am interested getting more info.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Yes, they are chemically different. He is not a liar. Since one, at room temperature is a liquid, and one, at room temperature is a solid, they are in fact chemically different.

Additives can change chemical/physical properties of a substance or can simply suspend them in a different state of matter (carrier). I have no idea what he did, nor do I care.

MSDS sheets are kind of laughable with non-toxic substances (Froglube for example). An MSDS is typically used for a facility storing/using one or more potentially toxic products. Froglube is a plant based, consumable product. You might as well go to the local grocery store and ask for the MSDS for Peter Pan Peanut Butter.

I'm guessing Froglube put one out to satisfy folks like yourself hoping to figure out what it is...an MSDS for FL won't give you the chemical formula for the chemicals used to make the end product (Froglube).

You might as well go to McDonald's and ask for the MSDS for the "special sauce" on the Bic Mac. It ain't gonna happen...it's a non-toxic substance that the McDonalds folks would like to keep secret...kinda like Froglube...I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Laskey told me the two are chemically different. I don't know the technical what for about whether msds data for a flash point is indicated to test for. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    You might as well go to the local grocery store and ask for the MSDS for Peter Pan Peanut Butter.
    I was thinking the same thing, you just said it a lot better!

FWIW, used my new Noveske on Saturday again. 18 degrees F outside and no issues, mix of Federal XM193 and PMC Bronze. The upper only has about 280 rounds through it so far but I haven't noticed any unusual wear. Looks similar to my BCM when the round count was low. No issues chambering the initial round when the paste was cold, operation was smooth, no grit. I like the stuff...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    To me, verdict is too early to tell. Everything is functioning fine for me right now, I will get some pics of in the inside of the upper tonight when I get home.

I dont blame WS6 for being skeptical as I have always been taught not to just take other people's word for it. And I don't necessarily believe ALL the things I've heard about FL either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for what I need it to do.

For my handguns though, I will be sticking to weaponshield.

Feedback Score
    I used it last weekend, it was about 14 degrees here it seemed to gum up really bad made things sluggish( not bashing it just about anything will at cold as **** temps)... no ftf or fte's happened but i did notice that the shit finds dirt.. my upper was so damn dirty it was unreal literally looked like i put 1k rounds through it even though i only shot 400ish
    Last edited by Xylene86; 01-23-12 at 16:14.

Page 22 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast