Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krichbaum View Post
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I use the paste for the first treatment of parts because it's easy to brush onto the surface and spread around. That's *if* you're heating the parts up for this. Other than that, I prefer to use the liquid...for either cleaning or lubing.
    I'm the same. First time everything gets warmed with a heat gun and the paste is applied. I let it cool for an hour or so then gently smooth/wipe the paste with the cloth then apply the liquid as you would any lube.

Feedback Score

I have been using both together

Seems to run fine on the 6920 and the G22/23. I think I am out of really cold days this winter. But the FL paste and liquid both seem fine down to about -15 F, but the liquid is easier to apply at temps below -20 F. I am curious about this "SEAL 1" stuff.
    Terra, obumbravit, Terra malum, Illi qui seminat semina itineris, Quare reum esse?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just got some paste and lube in with a brush and cloth. Did one of my rifles and my P226 used a hair dryer and the oven. Going shooting tommorow ill post here about what i think about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Chemically, or because it is liquid at room temp? I clean with the paste normally. Time for change?
    Just because it's liquid at room temp. I dont heat my parts when cleaning... only when lubing, for which I use the paste. I let it melt, spread it and re-assemble. I dont wipe dry like the instructions say.

For new users or anyone looking to try the product... I think any method and either variant, is GTG. I wouldnt dwell too much on the differences both work the same.
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 02-08-12 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Froglube Paste: 0.5766mm
    CLP: 0.8mm
    Slip2000: 0.56mm
    Last edited by WS6; 02-11-12 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ox Yoke Wonderlube for black powder patch lube smells minty, is a paste that turns to liquid when heated, "seasons" the metal, non-petroleum...same concept?
    Last edited by Gargoyle; 02-11-12 at 18:08.
    KISS

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Ox Yoke Wonderlube for black powder patch lube smells minty, is a paste that turns to liquid when heated, "seasons" the metal, non-petroleum...same concept?
    My Z06 uses the same "concept" as a 1980's mustang 5.0: V8 in a light RWD platform. In execution, and performance they vary slightly, though. Any data on this Ox Yoke Wonderlube?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My Z06 uses the same "concept" as a 1980's mustang 5.0: V8 in a light RWD platform. In execution, and performance they vary slightly, though. Any data on this Ox Yoke Wonderlube?
    Ox Yoke Wonderlube 1000. MSDS didn't list much at all. Not sure how to get the ingredient list to compare. Guess one would just have to compare the two side by side with some home experimentation.
    KISS

Feedback Score
    I took the "leap" (haha) and got some frog lube this week. With all the talk of "minty", I was expecting the scent of mouthwash. I found the smell to be alot closer to IcyHot, or BenGay though.

A buddy of mine was over while I was putting this junk on my carry pistol, and the jokes were nonstop about how I and my safe were going to smell like old men.

I do sort of feel like someone is going to ask me, while CCing, if I have a pulled muscle.

Oh well, whatever works.

Feedback Score

Froglube Paste: 0.5766mm
    CLP: 0.8mm
    Slip2000: 0.56mm
    Did you pay to have this test done on your own dime? Or did you stumble across this somewhere else.

Anyway if you have more details about the test let us know.

Page 32 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast