Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by An Undocumented Worker View Post
    Did you pay to have this test done on your own dime? Or did you stumble across this somewhere else.

Anyway if you have more details about the test let us know.
    It was sent to me by a member here who said that a local gunsmith had had issues and was going to have it tested, and would share the data with them. They forwarded me what you see posted, and told me I could repost it. They have read this thread and are capable of telling us more if they choose to.

Before they recieved data, they seemed negative toward the product. Their last communications seemed positive.
    Last edited by WS6; 02-11-12 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It was sent to me by a member here who said that a local gunsmith had had issues and was going to have it tested, and would share the data with them. They forwarded me what you see posted, and told me I could repost it. They have read this thread and are capable of telling us more if they choose to.

Before they recieved data, they seemed negative toward the product. Their last communications seemed positive.
    can you describe what that stuff meant?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    can you describe what that stuff meant?
    The wear scar is part of ASTM D4172, a wear test the military has speced for firearm lubricant. Clp has a wear scar in this test of 0.8mm. Slip2000, of 0.56mm. Froglube paste, of 0.5766mm.
    The graphs show wear vs. Time during the test. I presume this is depth of wear, measured dynamically by the machine during the test, but have asked for clarification. The coefficient of friction test should correlate with any other using this type test, but I have not found any others to compare.

Feedback Score
    I thought gee, this stuff sounds wonderful, so where can I get some? I went to Brownells and found this:

Biodegradable, non-toxic lubricant
    Available in a 8 oz paste or 4 oz liquid
    Produced from food grade components
    Handles an extremely wide temperature range
    Friendly to plastics, rubber, & urethane
    Moistens o-rings, nylon, & rubber parts

This sounds a LOT like Ballistol, which is my lube of choice for black powder weapons. Ballistol is perfect because it is water soluble (water being the primary cleaner for black powder weapons), so after the water evaporates, only the Ballistol is left behind.

I wonder how much alike they are? What I do see is that Froglube comes as a paste and that sounds like a good thing for lubing BCG. Any thoughts on that?
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score

It's Minty

Just got done applying the minty goodness on a few of my AK parts. Knocked the old stuff off with break cleaner, put the oven on 175, applied all over, then reassembled. The bolt carrier literally felt like glass riding over the hammer and my safety selector moves very smoothly over the receiver. Can't wait to see how it performs on my next range trip. Next up on the mint pasting block is the P226 which needs a detail clean anyway.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I use it on the nylon zippers of gun cases, especially the corners where they are likely to hang up. Used to use Teflon grease made for sailboats, but could not find it last time I needed it.

Mark

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I tried Frog Lube and permanently switched over from TW25B. TW25B did the job but with Frog Lube there was a noticeable difference, a certain smoothness at the touch and function. Plus the smell was a lot better than TW25B. Only tried and use the liquid version of FL, thought the liquid would seep into everything. I was wondering the pros and cons if I used FL on a suppressor (provided it can accept liquids). The suppressor could receive increased performance and I figure the FL would clp the can. Anyone have any input on this?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I squirted some in my suppressor after I cleaned it out.

Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    I tried Frog Lube and permanently switched over from TW25B. TW25B did the job but with Frog Lube there was a noticeable difference, a certain smoothness at the touch and function. Plus the smell was a lot better than TW25B. Only tried and use the liquid version of FL, thought the liquid would seep into everything. I was wondering the pros and cons if I used FL on a suppressor (provided it can accept liquids). The suppressor could receive increased performance and I figure the FL would clp the can. Anyone have any input on this?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I squirted some in my suppressor after I cleaned it out.
    Nice, have you had a chance to test it?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    Nice, have you had a chance to test it?
    When most oils vaporize, they leave goo, grit, and carbon behind. Froglube paste in my testing leaves NOTHING behind. I do not know about the CLP, but this bares consideration.

Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast