Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am using it in Kabul (currently snowing) on some of our pistols and it seemed to help with the gritty feeling they had.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am using it in Kabul (currently snowing) on some of our pistols and it seemed to help with the gritty feeling they had.
    Got some paste on you? Does it work for you in that weather on an AR?

Feedback Score
    My CLP/Grease of choice the past year has been Weapon Shield, and I have been more than happy with it. I still have WS on my EDC (MP9c) and my bedside home defense option (SP2022 9mm+ TLR-1s).

I have also been intrigued by frog lube and all it said it offered, originally I got thrown off like many others with the ads, and claims and how their advertizing was set up.

I am running a 4 gun test now with frog lube, basically using Paste on 90% of the test guns surfaces after being heated with a hair dryer, and a bit of the liquid on internals and BCG.

Test gun 1- P229 .357sig/.40 , used this to get a solid idea on wear, since it’s metal frame on metal slide, 300 rounds of .357sig, 200 rounds of .40, and not extra wear noticed on the rails. Action feels smooth, cleaning does get easier with time, have not noticed any rust. Applied 3 separate times so far with three cleanings

Test Gun 2 – M&P .357sig/.40 compact – wanted to see how FL did on polymer frame pistol, and wanted to see how long I could go until I had any malfunctions after two initial treatments. 200 rounds .357 sig, 250 rounds .40, no issues, and no notice of excess wear, have not cleaned or retreated in any way.

Test Gun 3- Mossberg 930 SPX , mix of Buck, slug, 6 shot, 8 shot, total is around 280-300, I have cleaned and reapplied FL, after three trips to the range, not a single hiccup. Cleans like a dream, action really feels smooth, has handled low recoil loads with no problems.

Test gun 4- DD M4V5 Treated all surfaces two initial times, ran 450-500 rounds over three visits, only applying a few drops of liquid to BCG, not issues what so ever.

That’s a total of around 1,600-1,700 rounds run through all four guns of different platforms and so far all rounds have been flawless. Now it’s also my option that these platforms have a solid track record in themselves, and to say it’s all owed to FL would be a mistake. But what I do know is how the actions feel when manipulating them, I know how easier they clean off, so for now I would say FL does largely what it claims. I may never know truly about the protection part as I inspect my collection every few weeks, but would be interesting to see how they fair in a few years.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I would almost bet most, if not all of those guns would function for that round count without any lube what so ever. Firing schedules would factor into that, but 450-500 rounds out of an AR15 over three range trips isn't very heavy.

You'd would almost have to test it over the course of a few years on a new gun(s) compared to a control of no lube and another lubed with a competing product.

I just bought a bottle of Froglube. I like the idea of using one product to clean and lube. I hated how Slip EWL ran all over and out of every gun I put it on. I'm digging how the Froglube stays put.

Product aside, the marketing behind it isn't the best.
    Last edited by bp7178; 02-21-12 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I would almost bet most, if not all of those guns would function for that round count without any lube what so ever. Firing schedules would factor into that, but 450-500 rounds out of an AR15 over three range trips isn't very heavy.
    I would have to agree - or at the very least any lube would manage that.

Sent using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did a side by side informal test with FL and SEAL 1 on equally dirty M4 bolts and Glock barrels. I wanted to compare the "cleaning" aspect of the CLP claims. As I suspected, both did equally well, very well overall.

As a bore cleaner (M4 and Glock) they did ok, but not great, if you want to remove the copper junk.

Both brands have lived up to the CLP claim so far.

I did notice that the Frog Lube I applied had a gritty feel, as if something had precipitated out of it. It reminded me of those body wash soaps that have a gritty material added to it. I don't remember the FL being this way before. These were samples from SHOT (small white tubes). The fact that the ends were cut off the tubes, thus exposing the FL to possible drying may have been the issue.

It is nice to be able to clean a gun at work and not have folks complain about a chemical smell.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post

You'd would almost have to test it over the course of a few years on a new gun(s) compared to a control of no lube and another lubed with a competing product.

I just bought a bottle of Froglube. I like the idea of using one product to clean and lube. I hated how Slip EWL ran all over and out of every gun I put it on. I'm digging how the Froglube stays put.

Product aside, the marketing behind it isn't the best.
    Yes I would agree with you, but I do like the overall lack of time I have had to spend maintaining these four. This is about one month in, like to continue this for some time and see how they come out after let’s say 6 months and 8,000-9,000 total rounds

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Did a side by side informal test with FL and SEAL 1 on equally dirty M4 bolts and Glock barrels. I wanted to compare the "cleaning" aspect of the CLP claims. As I suspected, both did equally well, very well overall.

As a bore cleaner (M4 and Glock) they did ok, but not great, if you want to remove the copper junk.

I did notice that the Frog Lube I applied had a gritty feel, as if something had precipitated out of it. It reminded me of those body wash soaps that have a gritty material added to it. I don't remember the FL being this way before. These were samples from SHOT (small white tubes). The fact that the ends were cut off the tubes, thus exposing the FL to possible drying may have been the issue.

It is nice to be able to clean a gun at work and not have folks complain about a chemical smell.
    that gritty feeling does sound odd, I am fairly certain I can remember ever feeling anything like that, I handle the paste and liquid all the time using my bare hands, and fingers.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post

I like the Seal 1 CLP more than the Froglube CLP, but the Seal 1 paste sucks in my opinion. It's like a wax instead of a paste.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    When most oils vaporize, they leave goo, grit, and carbon behind. Froglube paste in my testing leaves NOTHING behind. I do not know about the CLP, but this bares consideration.
    I definitely agree, as soon as my form 4 gets back I'll put it to the test. Considering I'll be using a sbr with a mini can I'm thinking it would put FL to the test. Ill post my opinion for anyone that's interested.

Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast