Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's a lube thread not a dick measuring contest.

Although, I guess the two do go together.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Who hasn't shot their weapon with Froglube?

I don't get why people jump to a product in which they have no vested intrest, short of having bought some. I bought some, I've shot with it.

For some of the children who have never carried a weapon for a living, sometimes you find yourself in freezing weather. Sometimes you are in the weather for quite a long time. During that time, if you aren't shooting said weapon, its just as cold as everything else left outside. Many times, this is much colder than a kitchen freezer would ever get.

So its a valid concern how the stuff would work in the cold.

I would like to hear from people who live in colder enviroments who have carried their rifle out in the weather for a while, then shot it having been lubed with Froglube, to hear their views. Was there a noticeable difference in bolt carrier speed/recoil for the first few shots?

I don't really want to read dribble written by smartasses who haven't.

Carry on...
    Attitude means alot. I suspect most of the folks here have plenty of experience "carrying a weapon for a living" but i digress....

I don't recomend using the paste in cold weather. I had mine out in sub zero weather this winter and used a laser device my brother in law uses as a contractor to measure the temperature of the metal parts of the rifle. At -18 degrees the paste was clammy and the first shots the action was very sluggish (but it did cycle fully). As soon as the gun warmed up a bit it ran smooth as silk. The liquid seemed to take the extreme cold much better.
    Terra, obumbravit, Terra malum, Illi qui seminat semina itineris, Quare reum esse?

Feedback Score
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but what is the best way or ways to get the weapon clean before applying the FrogLube?

I've read where it can be applied over the existing oil but works best with a clean weapon. Would really like to try this stuff out.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Preliator View Post
    Attitude means alot. I suspect most of the folks here have plenty of experience "carrying a weapon for a living" but i digress....

I don't recomend using the paste in cold weather. I had mine out in sub zero weather this winter and used a laser device my brother in law uses as a contractor to measure the temperature of the metal parts of the rifle. At -18 degrees the paste was clammy and the first shots the action was very sluggish (but it did cycle fully). As soon as the gun warmed up a bit it ran smooth as silk. The liquid seemed to take the extreme cold much better.
    thanks for that, I was wondering if I should change up the way I do things if my carbines ever come up north with me

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB45 View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but what is the best way or ways to get the weapon clean before applying the FrogLube?

I've read where it can be applied over the existing oil but works best with a clean weapon. Would really like to try this stuff out.

Thanks
    IIRC, it shouldn't be mixed with other lubes. And i cleaned my parts normally then rinsed them in Mineral Spirits afterwards. Shook 'em dry then hit the parts with a heatgun (low temp) to do the curing.

Feedback Score
    From what I've read, reading through this whole thread, isopropyl alcohol or brake cleaner are the top two choices to get rid of all previous CLP products (though apparently FrogLube is soon to release a cleaner product to provide their own way of prepping a gun for FL), then heat the parts like the BCG in an oven set at 175F for like 5-10 minutes, then apply the paste to those parts, rubbing it in with your fingers while yelling OWW, DAMMIT, HOT POTATO, DAGNABBIT, DUCK SEASON, NO GOOD RASSAFRASSIN, WASCALLY WABBIT, and such, and then let it sit for one hour and cool, during which time the paste will magically absorb itself into the metal like we always hoped the info in those school textbooks would if we slept with one against our head, and then if you want you can wipe off any excess or you can just reassemble as-is all lubed and frisky. Apply a nice coating of the liquid FL to the barrel and all other surfaces you want coated/lubed/protected.

Feedback Score
    So from what little I can gather from the product FAQ's and bogus threads on the interwebz, I would be okay to dip my foot in the shallow end with the CLP first and if I so desired commit to the paste? I just don't see the paste as a functional cleaner for lifting baked on BCG carbon off the bolt and other nooks. The paste seems like it would be better for protecting metal and the CLP seems like decent lube and cleaner support? Regardless I have more reading to do before I decide. Too little in the way of proof on paper or meaningful endurance testing of this product to sell me on it. They (Froglube) need to hire a better marketing individual. Their ads stick on you like a cheap suit.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Rather than contributing speculation why not get some and try it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeBoris View Post
    So from what little I can gather from the product FAQ's and bogus threads on the interwebz, I would be okay to dip my foot in the shallow end with the CLP first and if I so desired commit to the paste? I just don't see the paste as a functional cleaner for lifting baked on BCG carbon off the bolt and other nooks. The paste seems like it would be better for protecting metal and the CLP seems like decent lube and cleaner support? Regardless I have more reading to do before I decide. Too little in the way of proof on paper or meaningful endurance testing of this product to sell me on it. They (Froglube) need to hire a better marketing individual. Their ads stick on you like a cheap suit.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    It's a lube thread not a dick measuring contest.

Although, I guess the two do go together.
    Sorry for contributing to thread drift, bro. Certain things just set me off.

Anyway, folks need to remember a little dab will do ya on this stuff. It really does go on lightly and stay there. Go to http://rationalgun.com and see the conditions in which I ran this stuff at Failure2stop's grueling 2 day carbine class if you are worried about this stuff in cold weather conditions.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Forgot to mention that I only use the liquid applied via an AP brush not that I am not gobbling it on like a traditional lube. Might as well note that I am singing the praises of this stuff that I bought with my own money off of Amazon. Not a free sample.

Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast