Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Sorry for contributing to thread drift, bro. Certain things just set me off.
    I hear ya and I understand. Just trying to steer us back on course.

I bought some with my own loot and IG hand delivered it to my house. Now that's service!

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeBoris View Post
    I just don't see the paste as a functional cleaner for lifting baked on BCG carbon off the bolt and other nooks.
    FWIW, I have almost 1500 rounds though my Noveske 10.5" upper using strictly FL paste and I have almost no carbon build up on my bolt tail to begin with. About 1k since the first cleaning and the entire bolt is still wet, and I haven't applied any paste since the cleaning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    There's tests online where folks soaked primers in different solvents and they still worked. Seems like just another gun myth.
    Great link. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are applying the paste to the external metal portions of your firearms?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney View Post
    just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are applying the paste to the external metal portions of your firearms?
    I cover as much as I can (without removing anything) on the initial application. Handguard, barrel, sights, grips, etc on rifles and handguns.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't use the paste, just the regular oil.

I apply it to the flash hider, barrel & gas block, and upper receiver. I then buff it off of the upper, only slightly so on the barrel etc.

It does make carbon really easy to clean from the flash hider.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Rather than contributing speculation why not get some and try it yourself?
    I am looking to pick up a 1oz clp bottle, but am curious if I will see results with it or if the paste is the best to base an experiance off of. It is difficult to tell with my limited understanding of what each product is intended to do. I was considering the clp for AR bcg use and going from there. Is that a good place to start?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    The paste is also a CLP. I really can't figure out why folks can't fathom that the product is the SAME in a different state of matter (carrier).

A CLP...in two different states of matter. Liquid and solid. They are both CLP's.

Buy a small amount of both and see what works best for you.

I am looking to pick up a 1oz clp bottle, but am curious if I will see results with it or if the paste is the best to base an experiance off of. It is difficult to tell with my limited understanding of what each product is intended to do. I was considering the clp for AR bcg use and going from there. Is that a good place to start?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have bought a lot of both the paste and CLP, used it on multiple weapons, and put thousands of rounds downrange in training and qualification. That said, I have ONLY used the CLP to top off during training out of habit as opposed to need. I also carry CLP on my gear as just in case lube. Otherwise, all lubing is done during cleaning with the paste, sometimes with the aid of a brush or qtip.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsm2nr View Post
    I cover as much as I can (without removing anything) on the initial application. Handguard, barrel, sights, grips, etc on rifles and handguns.
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I don't use the paste, just the regular oil.

I apply it to the flash hider, barrel & gas block, and upper receiver. I then buff it off of the upper, only slightly so on the barrel etc.

It does make carbon really easy to clean from the flash hider.
    thanks, I was staring at my new rifle awhile ago and wondering where all I wanted to put this stuff

Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast