Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney View Post
    just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are applying the paste to the external metal portions of your firearms?
    Paste I dont, fluid I do.

A friend lent me his upper and I stripped it down, cleaned it off, removed dirt grime body, etc. and then FrogLubed her in and out. When I returned it to him he stared at it for a few seconds trying to figure out what was up with it since it looked so nice. I forgot to show him how the water beads off it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    The paste is also a CLP. I really can't figure out why folks can't fathom that the product is the SAME in a different state of matter (carrier).

A CLP...in two different states of matter. Liquid and solid. They are both CLP's.

Buy a small amount of both and see what works best for you.
    I guess I traditionally have thought of pasty grease like things for one kind of lubrication, and liquid for others. You are saying I can treat my weapon with both? If this is the case I will grab a bottle to sample for summer shooting and bonfire fun! I guess it just blows my mind to think of cleaning a weapon with paste.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeBoris View Post
    I guess I traditionally have thought of pasty grease like things for one kind of lubrication, and liquid for others. You are saying I can treat my weapon with both? If this is the case I will grab a bottle to sample for summer shooting and bonfire fun! I guess it just blows my mind to think of cleaning a weapon with paste.
    The paste basically turns into a liquid once it heats up. Not sure of an exact temp but body heat is enough to melt it. It's not really a grease.

Feedback Score
    Haha, its like saturated fat, for guns!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I use the oil purely for the ease of application.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I use the oil purely for the ease of application.
    So there is really no benefit in using the paste? The surface still needs to be heated and the fl is absorbed into the metal and solidifies as it cools correct? The liquid would seem easier if this is the case.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney View Post
    So there is really no benefit in using the paste? The surface still needs to be heated and the fl is absorbed into the metal and solidifies as it cools correct? The liquid would seem easier if this is the case.
    If I remember correctly the makers of FL stated liquid is more for cleaning while the paste is for lube but imho its personal preference. I use the liquid as it seeps into everything and FL is FL not matter the form.

Also for anyone interested you can use FL in a can (just make sure your suppressor can be shot "wet"), I run a mini on a sbr and the beginning shots smell like mint and powder lol. Makes clean up really, REALLY easy. Sound reduction wise I didn't hear much of a difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    If I remember correctly the makers of FL stated liquid is more for cleaning while the paste is for lube but imho its personal preference. I use the liquid as it seeps into everything and FL is FL not matter the form.

Also for anyone interested you can use FL in a can (just make sure your suppressor can be shot "wet"), I run a mini on a sbr and the beginning shots smell like mint and powder lol. Makes clean up really, REALLY easy. Sound reduction wise I didn't hear much of a difference.
    Alright, I guess I'm finally going to coat this thing inside out. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a giant grease-ball for a rifle once I was finished.

Feedback Score
    Both the FL liquid and paste is a cleaner and lube in one. Just follow the instructions provided or google and apply as instructed. If you do it right, I don't think you'll be sorry. It works great for me on all of my weapons.

Feedback Score
    I received my froglube kit and the liquid tube was actually solid, is this normal and is there anyway to bring it back to a liquid state or does anyone have a phone number to contact the people at froglube.

Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast