Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    There's tests online where folks soaked primers in different solvents and they still worked. Seems like just another gun myth.
    were the primers still seated in the cartridge? When i was young and dumb i would drill out a small hole in a bullet and shake the powder out. Then soak the primer with wd-40 for a day. To make a dummy cartridge for dry firing. Killed the primer every time. By the way I don't do that anymore...
    Last edited by Markasaurus; 07-04-12 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Link?
    They were handing it out at SHOT. Also, see my comment at the top of the page: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...&postcount=501

Feedback Score
    And whatever happened to the FrogLube degreaser/stripper?
    Again; asked and answered: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...&postcount=501

Feedback Score
    Thanks. 27 pages of posts makes it kinda hard to chase everything down unless you've been following it all along.

So the end of June. Hmmmmm... Guess we'll have to wait till then.

Feedback Score
    For those in the Chicago area... Shore Galleries (on Devon Ave.) has Froglube on sale through July 7. I'm in town on business this week, and last night picked up a 4 oz bottle of paste for $8.95, and 4 oz of liquid for 14.95.

Of course, there is Cook County's 9-something percent sales tax to contend with on over the counter sales.

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised that gun lube is really even needed in Chicago. The only people with guns are the coppers and the criminals.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    he says FrogLube is an improved version of another lubricant. Is he maybe referring to SEAL 1, which is supposedly also a track lubricant?
    Nope. SEAL 1 came after FrogLube. Both formulated by Scott. Dwight heads up the SEAL 1 company and not associated with FL anymore.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So after reading virtually this entire thread, some parts multiple times...I'm going to get some.

How much/what size are you guys getting? How far does it go/long does it last?

I'm mostly getting it to use on my first AR (should have it in a week or two) but I don't see any reason not to use it on my handguns. I imagine I'll need a decent amount for the initial application on multiple guns...but how much? I'll probably get both paste and liquid.
    Last edited by Warp; 07-05-12 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    It is a little pricey for the amount you get. I use it on glock, xdm, POF, cmmg .22lr, and my sks.

So far i only used little less than half of the none liquid FL. I had it for about 6 months or so. So it depends how often you clean your guns.
    On the instruction it says to use rubbing alcohol to get rid of any residual oils or other stuff.
    What i do is, Heat up the metal parts and polymer till where it's warm/hot. Put FL, wait for about 30min. or so to let it dry. Reheat it and clean. Then i'll reheat it again and put some light coating to keep it lubed. Then i'll put some of the liquid FL down the barrel.
    Then go shot. U can leave it on there. It won't it hurt it.
    As the parts heat up when you shot, you will see FL start to get sheen because it will start to liquify. When your done do a quick rub down. The FL creates some what like a barrier from the carbon build when you shot. So it helps makes cleaning a little easier.
    Smells good and you don't have to wear gloves or anything.

Youtube FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    So after reading virtually this entire thread, some parts multiple times...I'm going to get some.

I'm mostly getting it to use on my first AR (should have it in a week or two) but I don't see any reason not to use it on my handguns. I imagine I'll need a decent amount for the initial application on multiple guns...but how much? I'll probably get both paste and liquid.
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

Had the liquid and paste for about 3-4 months now. Used for multiple weapons 5-6 cleanings on my glock and AR. I have cleaned my 700 twice with it and my p228 twice. So far I have used maybe a 1/5 of my 4 oz of paste and less than that of the 4 oz. liquid. It goes an incredibly long way and spreads well, especially in the barrels.

Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast