Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecanary View Post
    That makes me worried. Do you think there is damage or wear occurring before the product becomes liquid?
    No. Because the product is acting more like a grease before it become liquid and starts acting like an oil - so it will still protect and lurbicate (just not like an oil). Also, the contact will still be between two FrogLubed surfaces, not between two unprotected surfaces.

Have you tried cycling a FrogLube-treated firearm when it's cool? It will still feel much smoother than most firearms will feel with any other type of lubricant. Now, strip that firearm from all types of lube and compare what it feels like to cycle it dry.

To me a cool firearm will feel like:
    FrogLube>Lube>Stripped

Whereas if your concerns were correct it would feel like:
    Lube>Stripped/FrogLube
    Last edited by skullworks; 08-27-12 at 01:31.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That makes me worried. Do you think there is damage or wear occurring before the product becomes liquid?
    You are over thinking this.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    No. Because the product is acting more like a grease before it become liquid and starts acting like an oil - so it will still protect and lurbicate (just not like an oil). Also, the contact will still be between two FrogLubed surfaces, not between two unprotected surfaces.

Have you tried cycling a FrogLube-treated firearm when it's cool? It will still feel much smoother than most firearms will feel with any other type of lubricant. Now, strip that firearm from all types of lube and compare what it feels like to cycle it dry.

To me a cool firearm will feel like:
    FrogLube>Lube>Stripped

Whereas if your concerns were correct it would feel like:
    Lube>Stripped/FrogLube
    Exactly. The paste acts like a grease before it heats up, once it heats up its like any other liquid lube. It does everything it says it does. Even as a paste I would say its still slicker than CLP on a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You're thinking of gritty Toof Paste. It's not like that at all. I remember thinking that too... before I got some of the stuff in front of me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love frog lube. I use it on all of my firearms excluding .22s. It would probably work fine for them but some part of me just sees it as very gummy and the .22s are dirty enough.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebrad25 View Post
    I love frog lube. I use it on all of my firearms excluding .22s. It would probably work fine for them but some part of me just sees it as very gummy and the .22s are dirty enough.
    Never an issue for me. For my 22lr AR Conversion I apply with heat and allow it to soak in then polish clean. No other lube needed and cleans up with a cloth. For my rimfire pistols I apply a very light coating to the action to lube it....as in rub a little on my finger and rub that on the appropriate areas. Sounds like you're using too much lube.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It isn't that I use a lot or too much, it is the paste-y ness of the froglube. I am sure it works fine but this is my reservation.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebrad25 View Post
    It isn't that I use a lot or too much, it is the paste-y ness of the froglube. I am sure it works fine but this is my reservation.
    I agree. My 22s don't get hot enough to keep the juices flowing with froglube. That's ok though... it's so good in the AR, I still love it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    I've found that Astroglide does provide good lubrication with my piston parts under rapid cycling in saline environments. Corrosion protection has not been an issue, as my exposure times are generally limited and I do rinse or shower after exposure to harsh environmental conditions. I do have some concerns as there have been multiple incidents in which Astroglide's use was associated with accidental (although others have insisted they were negligent) discharges.

But you say you're using it on firearms, eh?
    That is the single funniest thing I have read in a very long time. Hats off to montanadave for making me cry for the first time in a very long time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am way less knowledgeable than most people here on about everything. From a simpletons viewpoint, who purchased it and is currently giving it a try, I see the advantages being..

1. The CLP is tackier than other CLP's so it says put longer where you put it.
    2. The paste is like a low melting point wax so when it heats up it liquifies, and when it cools it solidifies, so as it cools it stays where it is.
    3. Non toxic

Cons
    1. More expensive

To me it works, and so far I like it and will buy it until I find out any long term negatives or find something similar at a lower price point. If I had to make a fiscal decision for large agency to maintain many firearms, I wouldn't purchase it unless they could sell it in bulk at a price point comparable to other CLPs/Grease.

Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast