Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1016

Thread: Froglube

  1. #621
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,002
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    frog lube is more expensive, but I have found that with the paste I do not use nearly as much as I do with other lubes.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

  2. #622
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    22,981
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    frog lube is more expensive, but I have found that with the paste I do not use nearly as much as I do with other lubes.
    Same with the liquid. I go heavy if I clean or am just converting an AR to it. But after that it's just 3-5 drops of lube to start out a shoot.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  3. #623
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SOMD
    Posts
    282
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My only malfunction in 3 carbine classes came during a rainy Seattle day in a mud pit. I goofed off during lunch and forgot to lube. My LMT choked in the 9th hour of a 10 hour day. Can't remember round count prior.

    That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?

    I was using Breakfree CLP at the time but have since moved to using a combo of Colt T-6 Grease and Weaponshield.

  4. #624
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    22,981
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?
    Good question. I've never tried it in a really wet/rainy condition.

    I could let a carbine heat up in the sun to get the lube flowing then hammer it with the hose to see.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  5. #625
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,502
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?
    Not too much to ask of FL.

  6. #626
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Malmo, Sweden
    Posts
    678
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just for the record; what lubes have been documented to do that?

    (I'm guessing Slip2000 EWL might be on that list, but if we gonna poke fingers at what products won't do what we should note whether or not any other product will or won't do it.)

  7. #627
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,002
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Not too much to ask of FL.
    Froglube does good in rain. It will bead the rain and wick it away. I have not tried it like in the ocean or a pool but as far as rain goes it seems to work through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

  8. #628
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    639
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Froglube does good in rain. It will bead the rain and wick it away. I have not tried it like in the ocean or a pool but as far as rain goes it seems to work through it.
    Concidering that it was formulated from similar stuff to that which is used in food processing equipment and rollercoasters, I would bet that it does quite well "in the wet". I don't want to be the guy to throw my rifle in a pond then try to shoot it, concidering all my rifles are high-end builds, but I would venture to guess that it would probably be fine lube wise.

  9. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    323
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quick question. Once I have applied the FL as per the instructions and wipe off the excess, am I supposed to reapply a light coat before I shoot it? Or do I shoot it "dry"?

  10. #630
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    22,981
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    Quick question. Once I have applied the FL as per the instructions and wipe off the excess, am I supposed to reapply a light coat before I shoot it? Or do I shoot it "dry"?
    It's liquifies when your bolt group warms up.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •