Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    Being too lazy to go and grab a hair dryer and the lack of a heat gun. I 'heated' the BCG by sticking it inside of a hot engine bay. Worked like a charm. Now I just need one of those brushes to spread it more evenly.

One feature to take into consideration; for those without the ability to use well ventilated areas -- due to apartment or condo living -- FrogLube works great since there are no fumes or foul smells from solvents. Enjoy the lube!
    DIRTMAN
    Youtube: DIRTMANPROJECT | Twitter: DIRTMAN556 | Flickr: DIRTMAN556

Clint Smith On Gun Safety: [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Y7LIJm5gI ]
    1. All firearms are ALWAYS loaded.
    2. Don't point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're on the target and ready to shoot.
    4. Be sure of your target and backstop.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I put my BCG on a baking sheet and popped it in the oven, works great.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gun71530 View Post
    I put my BCG on a baking sheet and popped it in the oven, works great.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    This got me to thinking if anyone has tried Pam cooking spray as a frictionless coating? Or not lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I may have to try some of this stuff. I've been happy with TW-25B for years, but I am always open to something that may be better.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    I bought a 4oz kit of paste and lube. First I cleaned a GSG1911AO with alcohol. I heated the parts with a heat gun and brushed everything with paste. Let it cool until it was a wax. Then I reheated it and re-spread the paste and re wet where needed. Let it cool and then wiped everything down with a cloth. Left the wax inside the slide and on the rails. That slide was smooth as glass.

A few days later I did the same procedure to a PSA M4A1 that was brand new. Took both to the club range the next day and put a few hundred rounds through each. I used a bunch of Wolf and Tula in the .223 and every kind of .22LR I could find from CCI to bare lead Thunderbolts. Going for the dirty effect

Not one malfunction of any kind from either weapon. Never even had a rimfire miss.

Brought them both home and cleaned them. They did clean significantly easier. Most exposed areas did just wipe down, the bores were not that easy though they did take a lot fewer patches to get clean.

They both did wick out lube in areas that got hot. Most areas where I had wiped it off stayed dry except intricate areas where you could not easily wipe so it got wet along some creases and such, but nothing excessive.

I like it and it seems to do a very good cleaning job even removing more carbon from an already clean firearm. It makes the metal very dark and clean while not being greasy. I'm going to keep using it and see how it works on my old collector guns and such. I have an old Spanish Mauser that loves to rust if you don't keep an eye on it. I'm going to try that next I think.
    Last edited by Missileman; 10-02-12 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTMAN556 View Post
    Being too lazy to go and grab a hair dryer and the lack of a heat gun. I 'heated' the BCG by sticking it inside of a hot engine bay. Worked like a charm. Now I just need one of those brushes to spread it more evenly.

One feature to take into consideration; for those without the ability to use well ventilated areas -- due to apartment or condo living -- FrogLube works great since there are no fumes or foul smells from solvents. Enjoy the lube!
    I live in a <500sq foot apartment*. You have a major point, and one that I have enjoyed!

*It's "cheap" and I'm moving next year and it's in a great neighborhood. At 26 I have not accumulated a bunch of crap that needs space, yet, so why not? Rent money is money I will never get back and so until I build a house in a couple of years, I go as cheap as I can.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Seems to be some confusion about heat/application.

Treat it like a frying pan. However you season a frying pan, it's probably a bit different from the next guy, and yet both of you own fully functional frying pans that work great, I am betting. This is an identical concept, just put it on and heat it up using common sense.

Feedback Score
    This might be a dumb question but has anyone had an issue with their extractor insert melting using the oven to heat their BCG?
    BCM 14.5 w/ BCE 1.5
    Thanks Grant!!!
    SCAR 17
    Rem 870 Tactical {going to Wilson's soon)
    S/A 1911A1
    Yea it's been to Novaks!
    Glock 22

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .300 View Post
    This might be a dumb question but has anyone had an issue with their extractor insert melting using the oven to heat their BCG?
    Your doing it wrong...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    wow...next time disassemble first and remove the insert.

Quote Originally Posted by .300 View Post
    Last edited by justlikeanyoneelse; 09-26-12 at 00:06. Reason: Spelling

Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast