Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    try turning you oven on to the lowest setting you hear it click on (if a turn knob) or if digital most go to 175 and that should be no problem for any weapon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .300 View Post
    This might be a dumb question but has anyone had an issue with their extractor insert melting using the oven to heat their BCG?
    How hot are you setting the temp to?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    wow...next time disassemble first and remove the insert.
    Damn easy there Tex! Not saying I've done this or had it happen, just asking if it's been an issue for anyone!
    Last edited by .300; 09-26-12 at 07:32.
    BCM 14.5 w/ BCE 1.5
    Thanks Grant!!!
    SCAR 17
    Rem 870 Tactical {going to Wilson's soon)
    S/A 1911A1
    Yea it's been to Novaks!
    Glock 22

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am slowly drinking the "kool aid," having always really been interested in Frog Lube; but being quite content with Slip2000 EWL.

I just happened on some of the 1oz (?) tubes and slipped one in my pistol grip at a recent range session. The particular rifle I had with me that day only has around 3K rounds on it, and about 500 since it's last cleaning; but just for grins I broke it down took a cloth and wiped off the internals - which for those who use Slip is generally pretty much all you need to do.

I have always read/heard the positive comments about the smell, but it really does have to be appreciated in person; I dig it! So I slather up a BCG that had been warmed by two rapid fire mags and watch the stuff just melt into place. After a range session of about 200 rounds, I can see that it has congealed and that the carbon appears to have been lifted to the surface. I get home, wipe with a shop rag, and then apply heat with a hairdryer. Instantly the surface becomes slick again; and so I attempted to season my parts. I wipe off most of the surface wetness and then reapply some more of the liquid.

I can't wait to really let the round count increase and see how it does long term; but I am impressed so far. No suprisingly, in reading a chunk of this thread there seems to be some seasoned vets here that are singing it's praises.

Feedback Score
    Froglube smells exactly like toilet bowl cleaner. It is a strong mint-like smell.

Feedback Score
    Actually smells like a football locker room. "Wintergreen"

Feedback Score
    Only if they recently cleaned the toilets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To me it still smells exactly like Icy Hot or Bengay.

I like it.

Feedback Score

I'll try this thread first before posting a new one.

Ive converted to Froglube on all my firearms, rifles, shotguns and pistols. Ive been very happy with the performance and clean-up so far. I started to clean my DDM4V3 tonight for the first time since using Froglube on this weapon. I just ended up frustrated and quit for the night.
    Questions: How the hell do you get the inside holes and recesses of the BCG cleaned out? I used a mop attachment and it filled everything with "lint"!
    Do you use the solvent or similar again to clean the hard to get areas and then reapply the Froglube from scratch? I'm already bothered I cant imagine what the chamber and barrel will be like to clean! I mean dont get me wrong, a lot of stuff just wiped off external surfaces really well. But for the hard to get recesses and internal nooks and crannies the Froglube is like glue and nearly impossible to get sludge and crap out. I hope some others know what I'm talking about.

Feedback Score
    Not sure I understand 100%, but cant you just warm up the part let the contamanent rise to the top and wipe off? I could be completely off base here....

Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast