Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth04 View Post
    Not sure I understand 100%, but cant you just warm up the part let the contamanent rise to the top and wipe off? I could be completely off base here....
    On exterior parts that works great but on the inside of the BCG holes and chamber and barrel etc. you have to put something in there to clean i.e. brush, patch, mop it just pushes the froglube and grim around and never really gets it out.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    The liquid, or warm paste would be cleaned up no different from more conventional cleaners. I clean my parts after warming them. If you have excess lint, maybe you're using too much lube or old mops, rags etc. Also, I use compressed air.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    The liquid, or warm paste would be cleaned up no different from more conventional cleaners. I clean my parts after warming them. If you have excess lint, maybe you're using too much lube or old mops, rags etc. Also, I use compressed air.
    My previous method would have been gunscrubber or similar which would dissolve crud and blow/rinse it out in one step. I used a brand new mop on the BCG with the parts heated and fresh Froglube applied just turned the mop black and made "mud" inside. I love it on my Glocks but it is seeming almost stupid difficult to get the M4 super clean which is what I want.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Did you degrease before the first application? I haven't had issues like you're describing. I slightly warm the part, then scrub, mop, wipe, whatever. After wiped clean, I reheat to hotter than before and brush on clean lube, let cool, reassemble. How many rounds have you fired since the last cleaning?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    Did you degrease before the first application? I haven't had issues like you're describing. I slightly warm the part, then scrub, mop, wipe, whatever. After wiped clean, I reheat to hotter than before and brush on clean lube, let cool, reassemble. How many rounds have you fired since the last cleaning?
    Yes it was completely cleaned with the expensive Froglube recommended solvent. About 240 rounds since conversion to FL. You say "wiped clean", how can you wipe clean the inside of the stepped down necks inside the BCG?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You are overthinking this. Clean it with some simple degreaser and hot water then blow dry it with a hose. Warm the parts and coat it in Froglube.

Quote Originally Posted by unclerandy View Post
    Ive converted to Froglube on all my firearms, rifles, shotguns and pistols. Ive been very happy with the performance and clean-up so far. I started to clean my DDM4V3 tonight for the first time since using Froglube on this weapon. I just ended up frustrated and quit for the night.
    Questions: How the hell do you get the inside holes and recesses of the BCG cleaned out? I used a mop attachment and it filled everything with "lint"!
    Do you use the solvent or similar again to clean the hard to get areas and then reapply the Froglube from scratch? I'm already bothered I cant imagine what the chamber and barrel will be like to clean! I mean dont get me wrong, a lot of stuff just wiped off external surfaces really well. But for the hard to get recesses and internal nooks and crannies the Froglube is like glue and nearly impossible to get sludge and crap out. I hope some others know what I'm talking about.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I use a rag and the small end of a double ended scrub brush, the ones that look like funky tooth brushes. You can also use a dowel rod or the froglube brush handle. Overlap the brush handle with the rag. I also "screw drive" the rag into the bolt opening of the carrier. Just kinda stuff the rag in there while turning it.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Warm the offending area with a hair dryer and blow the crap out with compressed air. I do that to the barrel extension every so often.

Ive converted to Froglube on all my firearms, rifles, shotguns and pistols. Ive been very happy with the performance and clean-up so far. I started to clean my DDM4V3 tonight for the first time since using Froglube on this weapon. I just ended up frustrated and quit for the night.
    Questions: How the hell do you get the inside holes and recesses of the BCG cleaned out? I used a mop attachment and it filled everything with "lint"!
    Do you use the solvent or similar again to clean the hard to get areas and then reapply the Froglube from scratch? I'm already bothered I cant imagine what the chamber and barrel will be like to clean! I mean dont get me wrong, a lot of stuff just wiped off external surfaces really well. But for the hard to get recesses and internal nooks and crannies the Froglube is like glue and nearly impossible to get sludge and crap out. I hope some others know what I'm talking about.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I suspect you are trying for a level of "clean" that isn't beneficial. I clean the major carbon off the outside of the carrier with a rag, and inside the main hole (where the bolt sits) with q-tips. I pretty much stop there. I suspect you are looking at the gas vent holes in the side - ignore them, they will blow clean to the extent needed.

A BCG lubed with Froglube paste is always a bit greasy and doesn't look super clean. It works great.

If you really just have to clean every little bit, get some dental picks and maybe an ultrasonic cleaner.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    If you really just have to clean every little bit, get some dental picks and maybe an ultrasonic cleaner.
    Not a good idea with the dental picks.

Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast