Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    Dont play so much into miracle coating claims. Some lube is always better that no lube. That said, FL should do nothing but complement the inherent lubricity of your NiB bcg. It will probably be really slick and smooth.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used Froglube on my AR and several pistols. Haven't shot with them yet but hand cycling is smooth. I have always used Mobil 1 but don't like how is seeps out of everything. Even the smallest bit will keep showing up long after you put a small bit.

So far I'm impressed with the FL and my AR smells amazing when shouldered lol
    Last edited by Kenneth; 02-22-13 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    I have used FL on my AR (500r)NIB & Sig (2000+)NIB ,it has worked perfectly.

Feedback Score
    I have been using Slip 2000 EWL for years, and have read all the testimonials about Frog Lube. Frog lube sounds like a good product, but I think there is a reason Bravo Company gives you a bottle of Slip 2000 EWL when you buy one of their upper receiver groups.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roklok View Post
    I have been using Slip 2000 EWL for years, and have read all the testimonials about Frog Lube. Frog lube sounds like a good product, but I think there is a reason Bravo Company gives you a bottle of Slip 2000 EWL when you buy one of their upper receiver groups.
    Whatever you do, do NOT try both. Madness!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roklok View Post
    Have you read any testimonials that said anything other than "FrogLube works wonderfully"?

Feedback Score

Bengay Scented Kool-Aid drinker

I'm am an admitted slave to marketing and internet buzz.

I've used militec, "bug-juice", various concoctions of Mobil-1 mixed with various other products, Eno's Slide Glide grease, etc. Everything that people say is coolest/best. If enough people join in, I'll jump on the bandwagon. (Not proud, just honest)

I've rarely been disappointed in any of them. Maybe its the any lube is good lube because its a hell of a lot better than NO lube theory. 'Til now my duty re-purposed M-16 has remained "wet" longer with the Mobil-1 concoctions than my counterparts with the CLP and Hoppes provided by the PD. That's the most significant thing I've seen. We've got guys who will carry a gun that's just plain bone dry no matter how many bottles of lube I leave in the rifle locker.

I recently Frogged the work collection, 2 Glock 22s, a Sig P229, and my issued 1972 M-16. The G22s and the Sig have about 200 rds each down range. The M-16 has simply been carried from armory to squad car daily throughout the winter with nary a trigger pull.

My experience is that FL seems to work as advertised. The most significant benefit for me has been clean-up. I LOVE the wipe-down cleaning process. No more extended huffing sessions. I've even done the clean-up in the house with nominal bitchin' from the wife. Although she has promised an uptick in complaints if I continue.

The other thing is that I can run with more lube on the gun using the paste without it dripping/running while carried or in the rack.

I ran pretty heavy on the initial FL application, so when shooting the guns get really wet for a sec. I used the paste formulation exclusively.

I also made a point this week to go straight from 12 deg into the range to shoot them cold with FL. I didn't notice any negative effects. the Sig rides close to the body, so it wasn't so cold. One G22 is waving around in the -10 deg wind chill and the other G22 was in locked in a locker out in the car so it was at approx. air temp.

The clean-up alone is worth if for me to stick with FL assuming all other things remain the same. Time will tell. I have a DD V5LELW that is supposed to come off the line on Monday. It's getting cleaned up and Frog Lubed from minute one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Whatever you do, do NOT try both. Madness!
    No worries there,

Feedback Score

Re: Froglube

I just got some FL in the mail today. I sure hope it works as advertised.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Lurked since 2009.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
    Patrick Henry

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Molṑn Labé

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Have you read any testimonials that said anything other than "FrogLube works wonderfully"?
    Exactly. I love FL, it is all I use now. I have turned several people onto it as well, I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about it or dislike it. Everyone I know that has used it now uses it exclusively on all their weapons.

Page 80 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast