Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    All I can say is that you must be doing something wrong. I have been using it for 2 years now, and I am not experiencing this and I can't honestly say I know of anyone else who is either.

Quote Originally Posted by unclerandy View Post
    I really like Froglube for my Glocks but i'm just about over the craze. Cleaning my AR i'm realizing very quickly that the gumming up waxy sludge makes cleaning a lot more work and ive already ordered some Fireclean.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    All I can say is that you must be doing something wrong. I have been using it for 2 years now, and I am not experiencing this and I can't honestly say I know of anyone else who is either.
    I shouldn't assume but I will anyway. I assume most people using Froglube on AR platform guns are wiping off the fouling, applying more lube and done. Since I am a recreational shooter and disabled I have more time on my hands than some. I prefer to clean my weapons so they are actually clean and not just lubed and ready to shoot. Since I choose to clean the gun to a level that "dirt" doesnt come off on patches or rags or t-shirts anymore, basically in my opinion the Froglube has to be completely stripped off and start over. The bolt and carrier have stepped down recesses that are nearly impossible to "clean" with Froglube's waxy solidified gummed up carbon grease. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but this is my experience. I have been shooting for roughly 38 years and have plenty of experience shooting and cleaning guns. I am a fan of FL over anything previously used but since i'm not ok leaving the FL sludge in the gun i'm choosing to try Fireclean. Anyone that claims that after applying FL properly and shooting an AR that the gun wipes clean in all orifices i'm calling BS. As far as an effective lubricant and protectant yes 100%.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really like Froglube for my Glocks but i'm just about over the craze. Cleaning my AR i'm realizing very quickly that the gumming up waxy sludge makes cleaning a lot more work and ive already ordered some Fireclean.
    You're not wiping off the excess lube after waiting 30 minutes after application.

Feedback Score
    I shouldn't assume but I will anyway. I assume most people using Froglube on AR platform guns are wiping off the fouling, applying more lube and done. Since I am a recreational shooter and disabled I have more time on my hands than some. I prefer to clean my weapons so they are actually clean and not just lubed and ready to shoot. Since I choose to clean the gun to a level that "dirt" doesnt come off on patches or rags or t-shirts anymore, basically in my opinion the Froglube has to be completely stripped off and start over. The bolt and carrier have stepped down recesses that are nearly impossible to "clean" with Froglube's waxy solidified gummed up carbon grease. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but this is my experience. I have been shooting for roughly 38 years and have plenty of experience shooting and cleaning guns. I am a fan of FL over anything previously used but since i'm not ok leaving the FL sludge in the gun i'm choosing to try Fireclean. Anyone that claims that after applying FL properly and shooting an AR that the gun wipes clean in all orifices i'm calling BS. As far as an effective lubricant and protectant yes 100%.
    The froglube soaks into the metals.....but out of eveything I have put it on and shot then didnt clean...a month later nothing I hardened up so I am wondering what do you apply to your firearms that isnt froglube?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Anyone that claims that after applying FL properly and shooting an AR that the gun wipes clean in all orifices i'm calling BS.
    Oh well, it works for me and I have pictures.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glock30_27 View Post
    The froglube soaks into the metals.....but out of eveything I have put it on and shot then didnt clean...a month later nothing I hardened up so I am wondering what do you apply to your firearms that isnt froglube?
    There is nothing to "soak" into...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    uncleandy, it appears you are one of the guys who is anal about cleaning. If you really want spotless results, I would suggest aerosol chlorine free brake cleaner, to blast your orifices. It really does the job quickly, and oh so painlessly. Then apply Froglube as directed.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    The only time FL became 'waxy' or 'gummy' for me is when I combined it with Gun Scrubber just for kicks. I use it by itself along with the occasional copper solvent down the bore and I've never had any issues. Even after a thousand rounds or so and forgetting to wipe the rifle down for a few weeks, I didn't encounter any thing waxy or gummy. Works good for me, YMMV...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Oh well, it works for me and I have pictures.
    Me, as well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Trying out rand clp as its a more "standard" lube. No heating, looks and feels like an oil and is very slick just like any other oil. I like being able to see oil on a surface. Fl worked great and I had no issues.

Ill be trying it in a rifle and shotgun soon enough. I also ordered fireclean to try out.
    Last edited by K1tt3n5; 05-19-13 at 13:18.

Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast