Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 624 to 630 of 1016

Thread: Froglube

  1. #624
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,950
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?
    Good question. I've never tried it in a really wet/rainy condition.

    I could let a carbine heat up in the sun to get the lube flowing then hammer it with the hose to see.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

  2. #625
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    7,503
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    That said, is the Frog Lube paste/liquid combo something that will stay put even on a rainy day and forgetting to lube at lunch? Is that too much to ask?
    Not too much to ask of FL.

  3. #626
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Malmo, Sweden
    Posts
    678
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just for the record; what lubes have been documented to do that?

    (I'm guessing Slip2000 EWL might be on that list, but if we gonna poke fingers at what products won't do what we should note whether or not any other product will or won't do it.)

  4. #627
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,858
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Not too much to ask of FL.
    Froglube does good in rain. It will bead the rain and wick it away. I have not tried it like in the ocean or a pool but as far as rain goes it seems to work through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

  5. #628
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    639
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Froglube does good in rain. It will bead the rain and wick it away. I have not tried it like in the ocean or a pool but as far as rain goes it seems to work through it.
    Concidering that it was formulated from similar stuff to that which is used in food processing equipment and rollercoasters, I would bet that it does quite well "in the wet". I don't want to be the guy to throw my rifle in a pond then try to shoot it, concidering all my rifles are high-end builds, but I would venture to guess that it would probably be fine lube wise.

  6. #629
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    301
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quick question. Once I have applied the FL as per the instructions and wipe off the excess, am I supposed to reapply a light coat before I shoot it? Or do I shoot it "dry"?

  7. #630
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,950
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    Quick question. Once I have applied the FL as per the instructions and wipe off the excess, am I supposed to reapply a light coat before I shoot it? Or do I shoot it "dry"?
    It's liquifies when your bolt group warms up.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •