Thread: IWC gear for the Troy Vtac extreme

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

IWC gear for the Troy Vtac extreme

I just received these yesterday and have no trigger time with the carbine as it's set up now, but first impressions.....nice weight savings.

I removed two rail sections, one for the Larue hand stop and one for the scoutlight with gear sector mount....If I were to have removed the gear sector mount and run the light direct on the rail, I would have shaved a bit of weight without any of the changes. All I can say is that the change is noticeable. How much of a weight savings? God knows.

Only con is that I did like running the light at the 10 o'clock/2 o'clock positions. With the Troy front sight, I can't run the scout at the next notch up...not enough clearance...may need to replace that front sight.

ETA: after seeing my post I was contacted by IWC directly with some pics of how to properly mount in the 1 o'clock position (which I referred to as 2 o'clock) will be remounting this weekend....maybe sooner

At first looks on line, I wasn't sure that I'd like the IWC hand stop, but so far I like it.....only trigger time will tell

Before:

After:

Last edited by adh; 08-02-11 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    I run the same setup (13" VTAC with IWC handstop). I like how it mounts smooth to the rail without the use of one of the rail sections. I have mine mounted one slot farther up on the rail. I'm surprised I don't see more VTAC owners using this handstop. I love mine. Any updates?

Last edited by DeAdeYE15; 09-15-12 at 21:46. Reason: add pic
    Frog Lube Fanboy BCM Koolaid Drinker
    olds442tyguy: I prefer buying American not because of the cost, but because of the integrity. I'd rather send some greedy American guy a couple extra bucks than pay a couple bucks for an inferior product that's likely made from recycled condoms.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The only update I have is that I actually stopped using a hand-stop entirely. Made that decision after a Reston Group carbine class I took. I don't miss it, but I am also still holding on to it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I just got the IWC sling swivel and Millenium light mount for my VTAC rail. Nice stuff.

I'll post pics when I get the rig back from getting cerakoted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    The only update I have is that I actually stopped using a hand-stop entirely. Made that decision after a Reston Group carbine class I took. I don't miss it, but I am also still holding on to it.
    What led you to remove the handstop?
    olds442tyguy: I prefer buying American not because of the cost, but because of the integrity. I'd rather send some greedy American guy a couple extra bucks than pay a couple bucks for an inferior product that's likely made from recycled condoms.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeAdeYE15 View Post
    What led you to remove the handstop?
    I really just didn't need it....I am able to index my hand consistently in the same place without it and I was not really using it as a point to exert rearward pressure.

Feedback Score
    I don't really use mine for indexing either. I use mine primarily for applying rearward pressure. This seems to help with driving from target to target.

Feedback Score
    Why M4C?

Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    snip
    ETA: after seeing my post I was contacted by IWC directly with some pics of how to properly mount in the 1 o'clock position (which I referred to as 2 o'clock) will be remounting this weekend....maybe sooner

snip

after seeing my post I was contacted by IWC directly . . . . THAT'S WHY M4C.

Feedback Score
    That's what makes this forum the best!