Thread: RCBS Chargemaster - Finally, a breakthrough.

Feedback Score

RCBS Chargemaster - Finally, a breakthrough.

The details are in this thread here, along with the programming settings I use:
    http://www.primalrights.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

The short of it is, block off the entire opening in the dispensing tube with the exception of the half-circle left at the front. This, combined with the reprogramming I did and the mcdonalds straw seem to have all but eliminated my over-throw problem with this dispenser.

I have not noticed any performance penalty, and my over-all time has been reduced dramatically. No more re-charging the pan every 5th-10th charge!
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Just loaded another 50rnds. Zero over-throws.

Life is good.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    interesting, will check it out.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Did a total of 400rnds with this fix and had 2 over-throws.

I'd say it works.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Better method:

So, the method works... but it needed to be something simple that everyone could do easily. I spent the morning trying things out. I cut 5/16" wooden dowel rod, and made various plastic inserts. I settled on this because it was easiest to make and tune.

Insert mcdonalds straw all the way to the rear. Mark where the front of the opening is.

Use cutoff wheel or some other method, and make a slot in the straw half way through. The size of the opening can be modified to your preference and to work with different powders.

It will look like this.

Cut off the straw past the end of the dispensing tube. You can wrap the straw with tape at the end to "wedge" it in there if necessary.

This produces the same great results, but is much easier to accomplish, and can be easily tuned to fit different powders. You can go so far as to tune a straw for each powder, as it is very easy to change out.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.