Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 300 Blackout Load Data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was out test firing an AR yesterday afternoon at the public range. There was some cat shooting a non-NFA 300blk with a loud brake.

This guy was a strange BLK boy. He left his brass there... which I took for a member here who's shooting this caliber....

But when I asked him about going shorty, silenced, sub sonic, etc.... He was like... "that's too much paper work".

Struck me that he's missing any upside to the round by just shooting a full sized gun. AND not loading the round or saving his brass.
    Newbie with money to burn? NFA. Is a PITA, but it's the only game in town.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post
    Newbie with money to burn? NFA. Is a PITA, but it's the only game in town.
    I couldn't even fathom the notion that he was leaving the brass. Sometimes I'll ask for brass from people shooting .223 who look like they don't care about the brass... but a caliber like this?

The guy I build a 300 BLK upper for loads the ammo, so someone will get to use it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnutAF View Post
    Todd.K
    I beg to difer with you. My Speer Hotcor 150 gr BT opened up very nicely all the way out to 200 yards.
    I was talking specifically about the Nosler Ballistic Tip.

http://www.300aacblackout.com/resour...t06OCT2010.pdf
    The 125 NBT was the toughest of the 125gr and 130gr tested, showing the least upset and deepest penetration. The 150gr NBT would probably upset less, or with a low enough velocity not at all.

I also see no good reason to use any 150gr for deer with the results of the lighter bullets.

Feedback Score
    Todd.K
    That why I choose the Speer bullets- thinner jacket. I stopped using them in my '06 cause of that. Moved up to 180 gr Speers/SEI to stop blow ups! The NBT's are a thicker jacket though not the 125gr they are a varmit bullet in the '06. I going have try a find some of those 125 gr SEI's
    Last edited by GunnutAF; 08-25-12 at 20:32.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234