Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .22lr conversion kit consensus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GIG View Post
    Not one malfunction with my CMMG. Shoot bulk pack Wal-mart specials. Fun, cheap way to get trigger work and time in. I went with the blued kit from palmettostatearmory.com. Kit, one mag, and one loader for $129.99. Picked up a couple extra Black dog magazines for around $17.00 each.
    WOW! thanks for showing me that! That's by far the cheapest I've seen the CMMG kit go for. Definitely gonna order one of those in the next week or two. Hopefully they still have some left in stock...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Do you think Geissele FCGs would work? A few of my rifles have them...
    I believe they would work just fine, as the face of the hammer and its transition upward are smooth... nothing to get hung up on the CMMG .22LR bolt as it functions.

Colt hammers for comparison...

And a Geissele...

Last edited by SpaceWrangler; 08-09-11 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    I have been apprehensive about the 22 conversion kits. what slightly concerns me is getting lead in a barrel where it was never supposed to be. Lead deposits can be tough to clean, and I don't want to gum up the gas port.

Again, just slightly concerned.
    A dedicated .22 upper solves this "issue". They are not too expensive. Spikes and Tactical Solutions come to mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had one for a while. Accuracy mediocre, reliability fair at best. Went to a 15-22 and am much, much happier. I suspect your kids would be too. More expensive but well worth it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMO, none of the conversions or other uppers can hold a candle to the M&P 15/22. It's inexpensive, accurate, reliable, and the manual of arms is exactly identical to my ARs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    IMO, none of the conversions or other uppers can hold a candle to the M&P 15/22. It's inexpensive, accurate, reliable, and the manual of arms is exactly identical to my ARs.
    Well, no. The quick drop-in conversion bolt is just that... a quick drop-in conversion bolt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gently View Post
    it can't come CLOSE to the utility of the .22 unit just because of that fact.
    It's simple. I don't use my .308s to shoot 5.56 either. And how utilitarian is it if it doesn't meet my need - which is to have a training gun that has the same manual of arms as my fighting guns.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Do you think Geissele FCGs would work? A few of my rifles have them...
    My SD3G works with the brownells kit.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    I've had great luck with mine. I have nearly 500 rounds of .22 through it, and I can remember maybe 5 jams or less. I don't really shoot it that much though.

I exclusivly use Federal Champion hollow point's with it.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CDNN has the stainless model for $149. Just keep it lubed and it will be fine. I use Winchester 333's or 555's in 36 gr hp.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ar22stcokitw.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast