Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6933

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So I thought to myself "it's the internets, why don't we turn this into a 6933-love pic thread?!"

I've had mine for at least 5 years. The first was one I bought "private sale" from the first batch that Clyde offered while I was on the waiting list for the second batch. I paid ~$100 premium for the "in stock" carbine over the one I waited for. of course, as these things happen, they both got to me about the same time.

I wanted the 69330 because I wanted the Ops 15th model suppressor, and they make a great pair, with the can coming back over the barrel right up to the leading edge of the FSB. And the combination is still shorter overall than a 16" barrel AR.

With my first 6933, I also knew that I wanted a free-float rail that stopped just shy of the can, and that I wanted to install it over the shaved FSB. How did I decide I wanted to shave the FSB? By buying a "9.5" rail from DD and finding out it was really closer to a 10.0 rail.

I briefly considered having it cut down but ultimately that seemed more trouble than it was worth.

Which left no real choice but to shave.

The good news is, it actually got LIGHTER

and this is how it wound up, for quite a long while, with it's twin sitting in the safe "virginal".

It matched up nicely to the 6520 flattop conversion I had, which was part of the plan as well.

Did some POI shift testing with the can and without, using the 1.5x optic

Wasn't too thrilled with the results, so set it up a different way to get better precision

Got better results downrange, or at least better groups

Then I spent a year with an AK, and figured out I didn't need all that fantsy-pantsy

dug out the virgin gun and started using it

Needed a way to mount a light so played around a bit

Came to what I thought was a much better solution

Last edited by rob_s; 08-12-11 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Figured out that with all that weight I was now saving I could add a Redimod

Geeked out the original, suppressed, gun as my HD setup

Changed some furniture, played with the sling, etc. on the basic gun

This is now the gun I shoot more than any other, when I have my choice

I can't find anything it can't do that I need it to do, and the combination of light weight and small package is a godsend. I've made hits at 200 yards on 8" steel targets from magazine-monopod prone with XM193 and a 4 MOA Aimpoint. Something the internets would have had me believe was impossible with a short "pencil" barrel had I not tried it myself.

Feedback Score
    Wow rob that's awesome. I'm salivating just looking at that. My 6920 is going to get jealous here pretty soon. I just gotta see about using the trust I already have to purchase this.

Feedback Score
    Hellz yeah, the 6933 Luv Thread.

Thanks, Rob.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My 6933 is upper only. The lower is a RR Colt M16A1 with Geissele SSF trigger. It wears the E-Mod for the 6933 upper and the CTR for the dedicated .22 upper.

Last edited by glocktogo; 08-12-11 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    I have only had mine for 3 monthes and love it. This was my first NFA item. I think that you will enjoy it if you go the way of the 6933.

Feedback Score
    5.62 pounds empty in a KISS configuration. It's a great SBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curare View Post
    5.62 pounds empty in a KISS configuration. It's a great SBR.

Hey! I have the same carry case...

Feedback Score
    How do these run suppressed? Are they reliable with 5.56? Or are they overgassed? It should have an H1 buffer just like the 6920 right?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbocharged View Post
    How do these run suppressed? Are they reliable with 5.56? Or are they overgassed? It should have an H1 buffer just like the 6920 right?
    When I got mine I was too stupid to know that I was supposed to need a different buffer, adjustable gas block, and lord knows what other tweaks to make an SBR run both with and without a can. Strange thing is, the gun(s) just run and run, suppressed and non-, with the H buffer that came in them. I guess Colt is too stupid too.

I'm not really down with the various buffer/gas tweaks that seem to be all the rage of late, but my setup works without issue for me. Bolt locks back on empty mags both ways too. Something else I was too stupid to know was optional.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast