Thread: Colt 6933

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So I thought to myself "it's the internets, why don't we turn this into a 6933-love pic thread?!"

I've had mine for at least 5 years. The first was one I bought "private sale" from the first batch that Clyde offered while I was on the waiting list for the second batch. I paid ~$100 premium for the "in stock" carbine over the one I waited for. of course, as these things happen, they both got to me about the same time.

I wanted the 69330 because I wanted the Ops 15th model suppressor, and they make a great pair, with the can coming back over the barrel right up to the leading edge of the FSB. And the combination is still shorter overall than a 16" barrel AR.

With my first 6933, I also knew that I wanted a free-float rail that stopped just shy of the can, and that I wanted to install it over the shaved FSB. How did I decide I wanted to shave the FSB? By buying a "9.5" rail from DD and finding out it was really closer to a 10.0 rail.

I briefly considered having it cut down but ultimately that seemed more trouble than it was worth.

Which left no real choice but to shave.

The good news is, it actually got LIGHTER

and this is how it wound up, for quite a long while, with it's twin sitting in the safe "virginal".

It matched up nicely to the 6520 flattop conversion I had, which was part of the plan as well.

Did some POI shift testing with the can and without, using the 1.5x optic

Wasn't too thrilled with the results, so set it up a different way to get better precision

Got better results downrange, or at least better groups

Then I spent a year with an AK, and figured out I didn't need all that fantsy-pantsy

dug out the virgin gun and started using it

Needed a way to mount a light so played around a bit

Came to what I thought was a much better solution

Last edited by rob_s; 08-12-11 at 09:13.