Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colt 6933

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Still prefer the 6933 in general (and that's a 6933 lower there).

Reminds me I should mount up an 11.0 TRX on my HD gun upper just to show what it looks like. Pretty sure I have one around here somewhere...
    I thought you HD gun was a 9" .300blk or something like that. I guess you could put a 11" rail on that. Call it an extreme flash hider...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaqu View Post
    I thought you HD gun was a 9" .300blk or something like that. I guess you could put a 11" rail on that. Call it an extreme flash hider...
    Not quite that sold on the 300 just yet.

HD gun is a 6933 with shaved FSB, TRX Extreme 9.0, Aimpoint, X300, no sling, no irons, Ops 15th model, Redimag.

Last edited by rob_s; 01-07-12 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    Wow that can sits right in there.

Nobody talks much about reflex cans...or not putting irons on there HD gun. New thread material for sure.

god help the dumb bastard that breaks into your house.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaqu View Post
    Wow that can sits right in there.
    just to be clear, the handguard stops right where the can starts. They don't touch, but the ID of the handguard is not large enough to accept the OD of the can.

Nobody talks much about reflex cans...or not putting irons on there HD gun. New thread material for sure.
    I'm sure if you search around you can find the ration of shit I've already gotten over the sights and sling, or lack thereof.

god help the dumb bastard that breaks into your house.
    He'd be more likely to get beaten to death with a sofa cushion.

Feedback Score
    My plans are to purchase a Colt 6933 11.5". I would like to have the front sight base either removed or shaved such that I could install a Troy TRX Extreme Battle rail and run an AAC Blackout or Breakout muzzle device, and AAC Mk4 2000 suppressor. Questions:
    FSB: removed or shaved? Custom pinned/ screw mount gas block?
    Troy TRX Extreme Battle rail: 9 or 11 inch?

Feedback Score
    I am going with the 9 inch with a low pro block. Had the 7.2 with plans of using the stock gas block but like the looks of the 9. I just wanted to make sure that I had enough room to remove the flash hider for future can. I am + you will be happy with however it turns out it is a great AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasone View Post
    My plans are to purchase a Colt 6933 11.5". I would like to have the front sight base either removed or shaved such that I could install a Troy TRX Extreme Battle rail and run an AAC Blackout or Breakout muzzle device, and AAC Mk4 2000 suppressor. Questions:
    FSB: removed or shaved? Custom pinned/ screw mount gas block?
    Troy TRX Extreme Battle rail: 9 or 11 inch?
    If you were planning on putting an 11" TRX rail with AAC can and muzzle device we figured out it won't work with an 11.5" barrel. I asked about doing the same thing a few months ago. There is not enough space between the end of the TRX rail to mount the can.

An 11" TRX Extreme rail will work just barely with a YHM can and muzzle device.

Here is the thread.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=70486
    Last edited by TACAV; 01-09-12 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    If you were planning on putting an 11" TRX rail with AAC can and muzzle device we figured out it won't work with an 11.5" barrel. I asked about doing the same thing a few months ago. There is not enough space between the end of the TRX rail to mount the can.

An 11" TRX Extreme rail will work just barely with a YHM can and muzzle device.
    FYI Guy, here is a picture of one of my 6933s with 11" troy rail and AAC mount for a M42000. They both both work 100%. The FSB is shaved, I prefer the pinned FSB to one held by screws. Sorry the picture is not great, it was all I had on my computer at the moment.
    Last edited by motoduck; 07-06-12 at 07:05.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motoduck View Post
    FYI Guy, here is a picture of one of my 6933s with 11" troy rail and AAC mount for a M42000. They both both work 100%. The FSB is shaved, I prefer the pinned FSB to one held by screws. Sorry the picture is not great, it was all I had on my computer at the moment.
    That pic makes it look more like it's a mount for a YHM can. I've always operated under the concept of needing ~1" between stated barrel length and stated rail length to get an AAC or Surefire can to mount, and this was the rule of thumb that Noveske used when designing their switchblock rail as well as choosing 300 BLK barrel lengths.

looks more like this

than this

Last edited by rob_s; 01-10-12 at 05:50.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    definatly not 1" clearance. Maybe a couple of mm clearance? I have several different AAC mounts and my recollection is some would work some would not. I have used a YHM can/mount on this gun and it gives slightly more clearance. I have not tried mounting a Surefire can on this upper but I have another 6933 with a KAC rail and surfire supressor mount (shaved FSB, was a bitch to put this upper together). I can take other pictures if someone really needs to see?
    Last edited by motoduck; 07-06-12 at 07:05.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast