Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Colt 6933

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didn't say "clearance", I said "1" between stated barrel length and stated rail length". So an 11.5" barrel would typically require a "10.5" rail, except that there aren't many (any?) 10.5 rails so you wind up with a 10.0 being the longest you can use.

There are exceptions, especially since there's no real standard (other than 7.0, 9.0 and 12.0 rails being supposed to fit between upper and FSB on carbine, mid, and rifle length gas systems respectively) and rail lengths tend to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hell I had a DD 9.5 and 10.0 and they were virtually identical in mounted length.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    My bad, jumped the "gun" going to clearence issues. Your rule (Noveske?) of thumb is the safe/practical way to approach this issue. In making my modifications, I have always wanted the "longest" handguard possible (with any given barrel) and have had to sometimes play with different supressor mounts. I have often tried combinations that don't work (measurements are so close you don't know if it will work until you put it together).
    On that subject here is a picture of an upper I put together with a Troy rail and a Noveske switch block. I milled out the rail for the switch block. Its been nice to shoot without eating all the blow back when supressed.
    Last edited by motoduck; 07-06-12 at 07:05.

Feedback Score
    While Rob has a slick setup with that HD gun, Ill agree with others, NOT having a sling is like carrying you pistol with no holster.

The irons, I would at least have a fixed DD front just behind the X300 that way theoretically speaking you could use the post with the tube of the aimpoint should the dot go down. I say theoretically because its an Aimpoint, but everything man made can and will break.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    While Rob has a slick setup with that HD gun, Ill agree with others, NOT having a sling is like carrying you pistol with no holster.
    If you're using solely a handgun, you don't need a holster for a home defense situation, either.
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 01-11-12 at 02:07.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Here are some better (can't get focused on close ups) pictures of one of my 6933 set ups. 11" Troy rail, AAC M2000.
    Last edited by motoduck; 07-06-12 at 07:05.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ghengis Khan View Post
    If you're using solely a handgun, you don't need a holster for a home defense situation, either.
    Logic! Wow!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ghengis Khan View Post
    I don't want to muck up the thread too much reviving the "oooooh! you don't have a slight or iron sights on your gun! ooooooh!" debate, but you make very good point, and one that was part of my reasoning. Holsters also aren't too likely to get caught on doorknobs, short kids' heads, furniture, etc.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Cool

Finally got mine last month. Had the pleasure of running it through the TigerSwan basic carbine course. Had only one problem and was solely my fault. I did not seat the mag all the way and once fired did not chamber another round. About 600 rds down range so far with no problems.

Aimpoint Micro 2MOA in larue tall mount, KAC RAS, Colt N1 stock I had lying around, BFG padded VCAS, only thing I need is a good light setup (Maybe the HaleyStrategic light for a surefire I have laying around, suggestions?)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    Finally got mine last month. Had the pleasure of running it through the TigerSwan basic carbine course. Had only one problem and was solely my fault. I did not seat the mag all the way and once fired did not chamber another round. About 600 rds down range so far with no problems.

Aimpoint Micro 2MOA in larue tall mount, KAC RAS, Colt N1 stock I had lying around, BFG padded VCAS, only thing I need is a good light setup (Maybe the HaleyStrategic light for a surefire I have laying around, suggestions?)
    I like Mount n Slot. I have four of their mounts on my MOE hand guards and five of their sling mounts. Their stuff is excellent and priced well.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...t/light-mount/

I also have a One of these Mossies. It is well thought out and simple. I have an X300 on it.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95251
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345