Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The NEW USGI Mag and "The Rest of the Story" Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Agreed. We have a TON of first-hand pix and measurements from the OP in this thread, as opposed to bullshit and posturing on the kiddie site.

I'll say it again, PHENOMENAL thread ucrt.
    UCRT, like myself, is a registered user and sometimes poster on "the kiddie site" mind you. And I first read of this issue with the new followers and springs being specific in a post dated April 4th 11 on "the kiddie site". This is an excellent thread and a big thank you to UCRT, but the jist of what one needs to know has long since been available to anyone who was motivated to look at all. While there is a marked difference in this site, usually, it isn't fair or very, ahem, grown up, to dismiss that entire body of information over yonder as "the kiddie site". I promise you there are other sites that could and do look down upon this one in the same way, some with reason and some with not. I'm mostly just glad they are all around and pretty much free, and partake of there collective info whenever I can. And I thank all of you for participating.

Just sayin..

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Red face

I just cut DOWN three Magpul followers, to fit inside some Brownells 20 round mags. It works... but not as well as I would have liked.

Nonetheless, I've had this issue with Magpul followers in GI mags for years now - and here I thought I was the ONLY one!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the informative post. I wonder if loading to 28 is now a waste of time with these.
    Last edited by Kisara; 08-14-11 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara View Post
    Thanks for the informative post. I wonder if loading to 28 is now a waste of time with these.
    =====================================

With 30-rounds loaded, it was as hard to seat the New USGI as it was the old USGI on a closed bolt.

Feedback Score
    I went through and cleaned my mags last night since I was bored, replaced my last two black followers with magpuls. I noticed with a full 30 about half of them seat pretty well on a closed bolt, about half of them require a good push. The p-mags and the lancers especially seem to seat easier with bolt closed. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_walker View Post
    UCRT, like myself, is a registered user and sometimes poster on "the kiddie site" mind you. And I first read of this issue with the new followers and springs being specific in a post dated April 4th 11 on "the kiddie site". This is an excellent thread and a big thank you to UCRT, but the jist of what one needs to know has long since been available to anyone who was motivated to look at all. While there is a marked difference in this site, usually, it isn't fair or very, ahem, grown up, to dismiss that entire body of information over yonder as "the kiddie site". I promise you there are other sites that could and do look down upon this one in the same way, some with reason and some with not. I'm mostly just glad they are all around and pretty much free, and partake of there collective info whenever I can. And I thank all of you for participating.

Just sayin..
    I, too, am a member and poster at 'the kiddie site'. I agree that there is a lot of good information to be gleaned over there and I am a frequent lurker. However, they tolerate a level of childish, fact-less, emotional bickering over ridiculous topics like 1000 yard shooting and other mall-ninja areas that this site simply won't put up with. I am glad that they are both around, but there is a reason why so many industry professionals and REAL operators are members and regular posters here and not on TOS.

Besides, I can easily articulate that it is more 'grown-up' to dismiss large quantities of fact-less internet rumors and he said/she said BS about products that the members are 'reviewing' despite the fact that they've never touched (much less actually owned).

I'm not dismissing the entire body of info, just the bullshit. I have 3 open tabs right now for ongoing threads on TOS. Patient people like Molon still post some amazing info over there and I keep up with that.

Feedback Score
    Great review. I have started to see these pop up in gun shops. One dealer told me he got them from Brownells. They are selling them for between $18.99 and $24.99 each.

One dealer was literally dumping new-in-wrap Center Industries mags with the mint green plain follower for ten bucks apiece in order to make room for these new mags at more than twice the price.

Are they really all that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I, too, am a member and poster at 'the kiddie site'. I agree that there is a lot of good information to be gleaned over there and I am a frequent lurker. However, they tolerate a level of childish, fact-less, emotional bickering over ridiculous topics like 1000 yard shooting and other mall-ninja areas that this site simply won't put up with. I am glad that they are both around, but there is a reason why so many industry professionals and REAL operators are members and regular posters here and not on TOS.

Besides, I can easily articulate that it is more 'grown-up' to dismiss large quantities of fact-less internet rumors and he said/she said BS about products that the members are 'reviewing' despite the fact that they've never touched (much less actually owned).

I'm not dismissing the entire body of info, just the bullshit. I have 3 open tabs right now for ongoing threads on TOS. Patient people like Molon still post some amazing info over there and I keep up with that.
    Understood, and I'm glad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"the Rest of the Story"

ucrt -

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort on this. Very informative and interesting.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Just wondering...

- has anyone seen the new USGI Mag with the Tan Follower made by someone other than Center or Brownells?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast