Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The funniest coffee related vid ever. Never gets old to me:

Possible NSFW alert

Last edited by WillBrink; 09-15-14 at 12:44.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    ^ Haha, nice!

Feedback Score
    I firmly believe that people who can make really good coffee are born with a "coffee gene" and the rest of us have to find these people and make them our friends. I, personally, have never made a good cup of coffee in over 52 years of trying, 5 more years and I all break Joe Dimaggios record so I see no reason to worry about it anymore.
    Last edited by weggy; 09-16-14 at 01:49.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

bentongweston Guest
    I would rather give that vacant space of my stomach to a beer!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Weggy, if you were in dfw I would make you a good cup of coffee.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    The best coffee I ever tried was when working in the Dominican Republic. They would make the coffee very strong, although it was never bitter. Also they would keep milk on a hot plate to add to the coffees. I brought back a lot of coffee. I am told that Cuban coffee is even better.

All coffee snobbery aside I think we are living in a golden age of coffee, when compared to 20-30 years ago. Even McDonald's sells a decent cup.

I'm looking at buying a ss coffee press and using the glass one for cold brew.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This what I talked about in my vid on this topic: 456 calories and 46 grams of fat, 42 grams of which were saturated. This is my shocked face the results are big spike in lipid levels for some, and weight gain to follow:

LAS VEGAS -- Spiking coffee with butter and coconut oil -- a concoction known as "bulletproof coffee" -- may be boosting hyperlipidemia in otherwise healthy patients, researchers said here.

In a case report, a 39-year-old male with no previous cardiovascular risk factors developed elevated and at-risk levels of LDL cholesterol (198) and apolipoprotein B (133), Karl Nadolsky, DO, of Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, and colleagues reported during a poster session at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists meeting.

"This is like a bomb of butter, which is a longer-chain fatty acid and palmitic acid, which is not so good for your lipids," Nadolsky told MedPage Today.

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/AACE/45810
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to order one of the Dragon's, but at $395 for the Dragon, scale and carrying case its a bit to much right now to pony up for. Maybe in a few months when I pay off the bike I just bought.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I roast sweet maria's green beans in a hot air popper and let them sit overnight (venting CO2). Grind in a Hario manual burr grinder and serve drip, french press, aeropress, whatever.......excellent coffee.

Noah

Feedback Score
    We just got the Kurig single maker and a re-usable holder for our own grind. Mmmm good.

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast