Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Were getting Tim Hortons in St. Louis. That is all. FINALLY a decent "fast" coffee place. Their drip coffee is pretty decent, the rest of their "coffee" products are swill at best. I like the fact that their coffee will take your fingerprints off through the cup and "heat resistant" sleeve.

They also sell "timbits" which are simply donut holes for those that dont speak "canadian".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Were getting Tim Hortons in St. Louis. That is all. FINALLY a decent "fast" coffee place. Their drip coffee is pretty decent, the rest of their "coffee" products are swill at best. I like the fact that their coffee will take your fingerprints off through the cup and "heat resistant" sleeve.

They also sell "timbits" which are simply donut holes for those that dont speak "canadian".
    Speaking of donuts/doughnuts, I miss Hot Malasadas and Coffee! No Malasadas here in the PNW. . .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Speaking of donuts/doughnuts, I miss Hot Malasadas and Coffee! No Malasadas here in the PNW. . .
    Looks like you could make them fairly easily, lots of recipes online.

Feedback Score
    I like coffee! Is is good for you?? It depends on who pays for the research.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Can you post some recently published research that finds coffee consumption is a net negative for health in moderate coffee drinkers? There's a lot of data showing various benefits, none of which is funded by the coffee industry. Although following the $$$ trail is never a bad thing per se, generalized statements like that usually expose a lack of knowledge of research in my experience.

It's also a two way st, if a gun company funds a study at a respected university and passes peer review, etc, and concludes guns in the hands of law abiding citizens reduces crime, do we consider it worthless due to who funded it? I wouldn't, so who funds it does not defacto = what ever results you want from research. One has to look at the actual research, and decide from that, if it's worth the paper it's printed on or not.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Can you post some recently published research that finds coffee consumption is a net negative for health in moderate coffee drinkers? There's a lot of data showing various benefits, none of which is funded by the coffee industry. Although following the $$$ trail is never a bad thing per se, generalized statements like that usually expose a lack of knowledge of research in my experience.

It's also a two way st, if a gun company funds a study at a respected university and passes peer review, etc, and concludes guns in the hands of law abiding citizens reduces crime, do we consider it worthless due to who funded it? I wouldn't, so who funds it does not defacto = what ever results you want from research. One has to look at the actual research, and decide from that, if it's worth the paper it's printed on or not.
    As already been brought to light numerous times regarding coffee's health benefits and risks, here are a few articles:

This is an excerpt.

Quote Originally Posted by USA Today August 16, 2013

The debate over coffee's health risks continues to brew.

Joseph DeRupo, a spokesman for the National Coffee Association of USA, says the new study "presents findings that are out of step with prevailing science as well as with widely accepted research methods."

Because coffee still stirs debate, Sui says more research is needed. In the meantime, people should watch their coffee intake, she says. "Avoid excessive coffee drinking."
    The following two (2) online articles are from MNT (Medical News Today)

What Are the Health Benefits of Coffee?

Drinking Coffee: More Good Than Harm?

And the above are just a sampling of what's written about coffee throughout the years. No doubt more will be written. Anyways, I love coffee and just as with alcoholic drinks, food, but exercising my choices and moderation goes a long way. Then again, Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.

Good Health To You!

Feedback Score
    I have over my lifetime witnessed that claims made about the good and bad things often change.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    As already been brought to light numerous times regarding coffee's health benefits and risks, here are a few articles:

This is an excerpt.

The following two (2) online articles are from MNT (Medical News Today)

What Are the Health Benefits of Coffee?

Drinking Coffee: More Good Than Harm?

And the above are just a sampling of what's written about coffee throughout the years. No doubt more will be written. Anyways, I love coffee and just as with alcoholic drinks, food, but exercising my choices and moderation goes a long way. Then again, Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.

Good Health To You!
    One, those are not primary studies, but articles of varying quality. I read the primary data as a rule. Two, they pretty much say exactly what I have been saying, the bulk of the data suggests strongly that coffee is a net health benefit for most people. Or, as the article you posted above concludes:

"As yet no study has said that coffee does more good than harm and therefore drinking it should be recommended. But perhaps that is just a matter of time, and the meantime, those who thought they should give it up for the good of their health, unless their doctor advises them differently, can continue to enjoy it, and focus on other ways to improve health."

There's really no debate in the science as to the net benefits of coffee I can assure you. That does not mean it's without risk (as nothing has zero risk) but what matters is what does the bulk of the data suggest in terms of net benefit? The answer to that is quite clear and only getting stronger vs weaker.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have over my lifetime witnessed that claims made about the good and bad things often change.
    Indeed they do, but that's how science works and progresses, but, most of what seems a total 180 to people, is actually the media's presentation of it, not the actual science. For example, cause and effect in large correlational studies found, where no cause and effect can be made nor should be, etc. The two should not be confused.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Monday AM's jumpstart:

Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast